aberdeen-music

Tunnels Battle Of The Bands With , Wizard Fest + Original 106fm Prizes

The Tunnels In Conjunction With Wizard Festival + Original 106 Presents.

The Ultimate Battle Of The Bands

With Prizes Of

A Slot On The Wizard Festival Main Stage

A Slot On The Wizard Festival Second Stage

A Radio Session On Original 106

Four Hours Recording Time

Rehearsal Sessions

" All Heats Will Be Recorded For Possible Inclusion In Original 106

Sunday Showcase "

Anyone Interested In Taking Part , Please Pm Me Back

Or Give Me A Call On 01224 625005

Cheers

Hen @ The Tunnels

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I feel sorry for the band who played last on the night 'Zero the Fool'. I also saw them at the moorings the saturday before and thought they were awesome. They were by a country mile the best band on this bill. The band who got through this heat appeared to play the same song for half an hour! Why were there no judges there on the night to announce the winner? I get the impression that no matter how well any of the other bands played on the night, the same band would have gone through. Think i'll stick to watching rock bands at the moorings. ?(

The first band weren't that great (the aftermath I think), the second band, the marrionnettes were like a Coral/Libertines/middle of the road indie/pop band who are really tight musically but dull as dishwater. The 3rd band must have been Stavrum (great name!), they were Ok, prog rock kind of stuff, bit too many guitar solos for my liking. The last band was zero the fool who I think are really good. Rock meets Pop with some original twists and turns in their songs which makes it interesting and a good entertaining band to watch. Just my opinion though. Too many battle of the bands results seem to bear no relation to what happens on stage.

I feel sorry for the band who played last on the night 'Zero the Fool'. I also saw them at the moorings the saturday before and thought they were awesome. They were by a country mile the best band on this bill. The band who got through this heat appeared to play the same song for half an hour! Why were there no judges there on the night to announce the winner? I get the impression that no matter how well any of the other bands played on the night, the same band would have gone through. Think i'll stick to watching rock bands at the moorings. ?(

the point is that there was "mystery judges" believe me, they were there

battle of the bands

to be honest i'm quite sick of people being so narrow minded, the fact that you are simply sticking to watching rock bands at the moorings shows that you are only open to one type of music. i was there and on the night the marionettes and zero the fool were both good but to make direct comparisons between the two i feel it simply came who played the tightest performance. the marionettes certainly weren't and aren't "dull as dishwater" and they put on a bloody good live show. I'm all for Zero the Fool they are a good band, but as are the Marionettes - and to say the competition was a fix is a bit of a joke to be honest.

to be honest i'm quite sick of people being so narrow minded, the fact that you are simply sticking to watching rock bands at the moorings shows that you are only open to one type of music. i was there and on the night the marionettes and zero the fool were both good but to make direct comparisons between the two i feel it simply came who played the tightest performance. the marionettes certainly weren't and aren't "dull as dishwater" and they put on a bloody good live show. I'm all for Zero the Fool they are a good band, but as are the Marionettes - and to say the competition was a fix is a bit of a joke to be honest.

I am into loads of different types of music givemeasmile. I am simply trying to say that these battle of the bands sometimes do not reflect what has happened on stage. This is not the first time I have seen it, and have seen it happen to a greater extent before. I do prefer heavier music compared to a lot of the indie/pop bands that aberdeen has to offer, but that is only an opinion as i'm sure you have a preferred type of music.

I am into loads of different types of music givemeasmile. I am simply trying to say that these battle of the bands sometimes do not reflect what has happened on stage. This is not the first time I have seen it, and have seen it happen to a greater extent before. I do prefer heavier music compared to a lot of the indie/pop bands that aberdeen has to offer, but that is only an opinion as i'm sure you have a preferred type of music.

soundo like

The first band weren't that great (the aftermath I think), the second band, the marrionnettes were like a Coral/Libertines/middle of the road indie/pop band who are really tight musically but dull as dishwater. The 3rd band must have been Stavrum (great name!), they were Ok, prog rock kind of stuff, bit too many guitar solos for my liking. The last band was zero the fool who I think are really good. Rock meets Pop with some original twists and turns in their songs which makes it interesting and a good entertaining band to watch. Just my opinion though. Too many battle of the bands results seem to bear no relation to what happens on stage.

Thanks Johnny_Munday. That's our first hint of a review ever. We'll take "ok" for the moment (rome wasnt built in a day and all that). :up: