aberdeen-music

Keyboards/Synths in recordings...???

Dan G

Originally posted by you_nazi:

yay. the love of devo runs in my family

it would have to as I've let you in my humble home. Devo haters aren't welcome here.

I - naturally - say a goddamn big yes.I also agree that it depends how you use them, they are extremely flexable instruments (musically not physically) and like every other instrument can sounds amazing and can also sound shit.

Originally posted by betamax:

synths that sound like synths - yes

synths that sound like trumpets/glockenspeils etc - no

Damn right.

OR the real shocks bible as follows... (in a synth image)

NL2AmpFilterlarge.jpg

Thank god for Sweden.

VT Tone glory...

sy_vss.gif

Or I am quite a fan of the Yamaha CS-01, as it sits in my room and is

A German "industrial pop" band back in the 80's (MP - Martin und der puls) was made up of one man and he gave all his Synths names, the CS-01was called, "Steven"

Say hello to Steven...

cs01.jpg

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

Yay to keyboards, nay to Devo - They strive to be clever, and just end up being shit.

*hisses*

I admit they come across as striving to be clever, but they are still a huge influence on so many people, even to this day... and that's ignoring me.

Are we not men? We are DEVO.

Devo, like Kraftwerk, are one of those supposedly legendary-influential bands that I FUCKING hate, probably more so because elitist vinyl jockeys insist that I don't "get them."

Ween - now there's a clever, funny and genuinely brilliant band.

I would comment, but in all honesty... I haven't heard 'Ween' thus cannot comment.

Devo, like Kraftwerk, are one of those supposedly legendary-influential bands that I FUCKING hate, probably more so because elitist vinyl jockeys insist that I don't "get them."

Ween - now there's a clever, funny and genuinely brilliant band.

Theres nothing about Devo to ''get''....its just electronic pop ....and Kraftwerk are the same except more instrumental and erm.... German and totally guitarless

and Sparks, Foxx, DAF and The Human League ETC

all just total pop

influential cos they were among the first to do it

you can get most of it at woolworths probably - where all the 'elitist vinyl jockeys' hang out *chortle*

seen em all hanging round the Big W at the weekend

the fucking wanks

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

yay to synths and yay to devo i say! theres nothing wrong with either. i only recently started listening to devo, but my my, they are mighty good, so...fun! and you have to admit, a cheesy synth sound is rather cute sometimes...

Aye Devo kick erse,I am gan ti dae Uncontrollable Urge wi 16 AGAIN.

Ging to see The Stranglers Dave Greenfield on keyboards,he pulls some great noises oot o the things.

Alternatively go to see XS RELOCAT at Dr Drakes and listen to a band that sound like SHIT but look GREAT,erm, or should that be the other way round? Onyway this Friday 21MAY Dr Drakes about 830 ish.

Three words - 'Faith' 'No' 'More'. :D

Thus ensuring my continuing love of all synths and keyboards in rock music. As with anything it can be overdone but when it's done right it's glorious. See American Head Charge, Anyone, Rammstein or Marilyn Manson for examples of glorious funny noiseage in rock!