aberdeen-music

Tips for 08 ??

saf-one

• 6 months later...
i cant understand why glasvegas are so popular, seen them a few times and don't think they're very good at all

feel i need to come back to this thread. I seen glasvegas play live quite a few times supporting dirty pretty things on a couple of tours and seen them on their own in tunnels, mustve been sometime in 2006 and honestly they were terrible. They couldn't play well together, they used a drum machine and their songs weren't that great.

this made me chose not to listen to them at all when they got signed and all the hype started but my god they have came a long way. Havent seen them live since but their lyrics are absolutely brilliant.

feel i need to come back to this thread. I seen glasvegas play live quite a few times supporting dirty pretty things on a couple of tours and seen them on their own in tunnels, mustve been sometime in 2006 and honestly they were terrible. They couldn't play well together, they used a drum machine and their songs weren't that great.

this made me chose not to listen to them at all when they got signed and all the hype started but my god they have came a long way. Havent seen them live since but their lyrics are absolutely brilliant.

Not since The Smiths have any band's first four singles been so consistently brilliant!

Though 'Glasvegas' is one of the lamest terms to crop up in the last few years. It makes me glad that their music is completely hopeless.

It's not really hopeless though is it? Hopeless implies a group of teenage boys covering Godsmack in the hope of becoming the next big thing. Regardless of your tastes, Glasvegas already have a pretty large fanbase and and I reckon they'll probably have a pretty long career as well.

As for my personal opinion, I think they're quite good, I don't utterly love them but I may buy the record.