aberdeen-music

[GIG] Clearer The Sky + Fault and Fracture + Katerwaul @ Captain Tom's

Huw

yes... i see graham can play cello. i haven't seen that utilized in Katerwaul. it really should be.

im excited for this. hopefully the sound will be good too. we've never been able to get the vocal p.a so we can actually hear the vox though... mainly because we have no idea how to set it up. :S

any one handy with one? theres free cider (unless your an edge type) in it for you.

' date=' post: 442015"']yes... i see graham can play cello. i haven't seen that utilized in Katerwaul. it really should be.

im excited for this. hopefully the sound will be good too. we've never been able to get the vocal p.a so we can actually hear the vox though... mainly because we have no idea how to set it up. :S

any one handy with one? theres free cider (unless your an edge type) in it for you.

You're really only going to bring drink for yourself? You are a frightful cad.

' date=' post: 442015"']yes... i see graham can play cello. i haven't seen that utilized in Katerwaul. it really should be.

Make sure all the amps are at a lower volume, then you'll hear the vox. In the size of rooms in Toms there is no need to have stuff really loud anyway.

haha im rubbish at cello! last time i used it live (at a gig with tim) the bridge collapsed mid song and after that its stayed in its case for most of the past two years. i'd only use it for recording so it can be drenched in reverb to cover up my bad bowing technique.

Aaah scew it, ferocious bass guitar suits Katerwaul 10x more than wussy cello

Guest idol_wild

I'm not going to decide until tomorrow whether or not to attend. There are many factors contributing to my decision.

However, is it impossible to just turn up and pay at 8pm, or what?

I'm not going to decide until tomorrow whether or not to attend. There are many factors contributing to my decision.

However, is it impossible to just turn up and pay at 8pm, or what?

Well, it should be alright to do that. We're encouraging the tickets thing because we've agreed to give Tom some money for letting us have the place for the evening. The total cost of 4 practice rooms plus a studio and the rest is into hundreds of pounds (for 3 hours say) and by selling the tickets we can make sure a) that some people will actually appear and b) to give him some money by way of thanks. I'm aware Cap'n Toms is no longer open for practicing on Saturday evenings but all the same, we are using the building.

I hope this clears it up. I'd encourage you to buy a ticket from ourselves or the other bands playing but if you're making up your mind tomorrow then that's cool. I'd rather have you (and other people) there, than not.

Cheers :)