aberdeen-music

I've changed my website around

framheim

David Officer Photography

feedback welcome! i'd like to make the front page look better but my web design skills are limited and i don't think i'm really getting the most out of dreamweaver. i think i should go on a course or something.

anyway, i've stripped all the images that were there before and replaced them with just the one gallery of some of my best photo's which should be easier to update and keep fresh. there's also a link there to a blog i've started(i know, i'm about 5 years too late on that one) as well as my flickr page and the kartta myspace. i've also updated the biography section.

Nice and easy to access. Loads quickly...which is good.

The b+w flower image on the main page seriously kicks ass. It's a different take/perspective of a flower. Nice one.

Im going be harsh with the wedding shot (oh oh, here we go). Selective colour died a couple of years ago and get the groom to do something with his hands i.e. not hanging by his side.

Did I mention that flower shot? Oh yeah I did....

Your work is getting really good....

Hogisbald:up:

*edit* I just realised that I hardly mentioned your site. Ach well, I can't help it, Im obsessed with photos!

Nice and easy to access. Loads quickly...which is good.

The b+w flower image on the main page seriously kicks ass. It's a different take/perspective of a flower. Nice one.

Im going be harsh with the wedding shot (oh oh, here we go). Selective colour died a couple of years ago and get the groom to do something with his hands i.e. not hanging by his side.

Did I mention that flower shot? Oh yeah I did....

Your work is getting really good....

Hogisbald:up:

*edit* I just realised that I hardly mentioned your site. Ach well, I can't help it, Im obsessed with photos!

yea i know the selective colour thing is a bit old fashioned, i just did it as a practice one to be honest and i think it works for this shot. i hate doing selective colour at work but unfortunately it still sells really well, particularly shots of small babies in black and white with blue eyes. ach weel. but aye, that wedding was a wee while ago and i think i'd do a better job of directing them now.

thanks hog, means a lot coming from a talented pro such as yourself! (do i get a discount on my wedding for that one? :p )

Change the font colour on your bio (and the links for that matter), it's far too close to the background colour. I'd also try and get everything to fit on the front page instead of scrolling down so much.

what's your resolution? i hardly have to scroll down at all to see everything. i know what you mean though, i shall have a look tomorrow.

it's also hard to find a font colour that doesn't look too garish. that's why i like the dark grey on the light grey.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Looking good, Dave!

The website has a sort pf early 4AD feel to it, which you know I'm going to appreciate.

One major criticism:

Not enough pictures of me.

I think that's really holding you back.

Also, that nudie picture of you in the shower was something I never wanted to see.

Other than that, corking stuff!

Looking good, Dave!

The website has a sort pf early 4AD feel to it, which you know I'm going to appreciate.

One major criticism:

Not enough pictures of me.

I think that's really holding you back.

Also, that nudie picture of you in the shower was something I never wanted to see.

Other than that, corking stuff!

that picture is only in the members only subscription part of the website ;)

now that you mention it the flower is kinda 4ad isn't it? cool.

i've changed the layout of the links a bit to try and make it less confusing. i've left the bio bit in the top right because i didn't want it with the main body of links. does that work?

Guest Steven Dedalus

Yeah, it looks fine. But I'd actually suggest ubderlining the links, cos it took me a couple of seconds to work out where the actual pictures were.

But I have just woken up.

Guest idol_wild

I disagree. I've always appreciated tasteful selective colour shots. Although it just so happens the shade of blue used is one of my favoured colours.

It's one of my favourite photos of yours, Dave. :up:

Guest bluesxman
right i've changed the background colour and the layout of the main page. any better?

I preferred the original colour scheme that was up when I looked last night. Great pics. I'm sad my 'glamour' shots never made the cut though.

i've given it yet another tweak. i've lightened the font colour a touch and got rid of some dead space so you shouldn't have scroll bars appearing that lead you to nothing. switched the lead images in my portfolio around as well as a few folk suggested i wasn't leading with my strongest image(even though i really like that winter gardens shot if no-one else does).

good thing web design isn't my job, too much hassle!

I disagree. I've always appreciated tasteful selective colour shots. Although it just so happens the shade of blue used is one of my favoured colours.

It's one of my favourite photos of yours, Dave. :up:

I counter disagree..hehe.

Although opinions are like bums..everyone has one.