aberdeen-music

Shed Seven - Do they Rock or Not

sross90

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Ok i'll admit to having never heard this band before..but all i can say is this is the most amusing read in a long while.

What style is this band?

Classically Britpop. They even ripped off the Oasis logo for one of their t-shirt designs many years ago.

It's music for laddish wankers who miss the Stone Roses too much.

Marion were much better (admittedly they only had one good song, but still...).

Marion were much better (admittedly they only had one good song, but still...).

One more than Shed Seven!

Actually, can't say I've ever bought a Shed Seven record, but they probably deserve their place on the various Britpop compilation CDs that will no doubt emerge in years to come alonside the likes of Cast, Menswear and Sleeper. Going for Gold and Disco Down were decent enough songs. I think their main problem was the fact that their singer's voice was really weedy and thin, made the guy out of Embrace sound like Tom Jones.

More than 2

Well maybe they cant

http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%7Cartist=SHED+SEVEN&n|artist=null&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch

But for all you people out there that havent seen em, and like your own balls attached to you and have 18 quid to spare. Why not go along and see for yourself.

Youll be straight back here tomorrow giving it wow min, best live act! Youll be saying that muse need to give that award back to Q!!!!

Well maybe they cant

http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%7Cartist=SHED+SEVEN&n|artist=null&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch

But for all you people out there that havent seen em, and like your own balls attached to you and have 18 quid to spare. Why not go along and see for yourself.

Youll be straight back here tomorrow giving it wow min, best live act! Youll be saying that muse need to give that award back to Q!!!!

18 Quid? Christ. I'm lucky if i have a spare 5 at this time of the month...not to mention im having a blues jam instead which i sense id enjoy more.

I cant wait for this gig the night, io fucking love Shed Seven!! Witter is a Legend!

Seriously though, im so happy to be seein them again. This will be the 16th time i've seen them in 12 years, the first time was at the Lemon Tree in 1995!!

Thought they went a bit pish after the Album Let it Ride. But hey who cares ill still be right at the front the night!! :up:

Guest Steven Dedalus

The sad thing is that they will probably get a massive turnout. They always do.

Why does a certain part of the Aberdeen population refuse to let Britpop die?

(to be fair, Belfast is no better. I recently had the 'pleasure' of djing for a Stone Roses tribute act, and the day before the gig, some dude came up to me and pointed at a poster of the gig and went: "here mate, are the Stone Roses playing?" and my co-dj said, "No it's a tribute band." And the guy went: "Weeker! (a popular belfast slang term for 'good') Even better!")