aberdeen-music

The X Files

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really watch the ones with Dogget and co when they were on but I'm prepared to go into them with an open mind and judge them on individual merit, rather than compare them against earlier episodes.

Mind you I though it went a bit to fuck after about series 3 or 4 when they start 'serialising' it instead of just having great stand-alone episodes.

Guest idol_wild
they are alright - i just think its a bit weird not having mulder around.

the t2000 is pretty good in it tho, heh

Yeah, seasons 8 & 9 failed to capture my attention because the star of the show had left. I'll look forward to them though. I can't remember any of them.

Does anyone know exactly why David Duchovny pulled out of the X Files anyway? Did he just feel it had had it's time?

My season 2 came in the post this morning. I wonder what I'll be doing tonight! :popcorn:

Here's a bit of an odd twist to the new X-Files film also

Xzibit, Peet, Connolly In "X-Files 2" (December 6th 2007)

Fuck sake - does every movie these days have to have a talentless rapper with a stupid fucking name in it?

Billy Connolly? - what the fuck's he going to do in X-Files? - "Oooh! spaceship! briiiiiiiiiilliant, fuck, fuck, fuck, willy, grey pubic hair, haemorrhoids!"

Amanda Peet - I'd be prepared tae gie her several though, pwhoaaaar!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just finished watching "Die Hand Die Verletzt" (An episode in Season 2 about a crazy voodoo substitute teacher) which was splendid. I am away to watch "Fresh Bones" which I have heard is meant to be a good een!

I got an amazing deal: the entire collectors set seasons 1 - 9 for 59.99 off HMV.co.uk.

Less than 1 pound per disc, insane!

• 2 months later...

The movie was great. I'm a really big fan of the series, and I know the movie has been getting shit reviews here and there, but whatever. It was great. Really dark, creepy and full of humour just like the TV series. After the film finished, I sat there and was like "ok...to me that seemed like a dragged out episode of Millenium with X-Files characters". Luckily for me, I'm a big Millenium fan.

It follows no story line from the series and it doesn't close any doors for fans. The only thing it does say, to me, is there will be no more episodes.

If you do go to see it, stay till the credits are done... hahahahaha.

gaaah what happens after the credits? to be honest, my opinion reflects what most people have been saying...its a good episode, but fleshed out rather pointlessly.

personally i think it may pave the way for another film/possible mini-series or something. there is a certain date revealed at the end of the series that is drawing ever closer.

i liked the "doo doo doo doo do do" theme music when the picture of George Bush popped up

:D

• 3 weeks later...
The movie was great. I'm a really big fan of the series, and I know the movie has been getting shit reviews here and there, but whatever. It was great. Really dark, creepy and full of humour just like the TV series. After the film finished, I sat there and was like "ok...to me that seemed like a dragged out episode of Millenium with X-Files characters". Luckily for me, I'm a big Millenium fan.

It follows no story line from the series and it doesn't close any doors for fans. The only thing it does say, to me, is there will be no more episodes.

If you do go to see it, stay till the credits are done... hahahahaha.

We also thought it was more Millenniumish than X-Files, would have been great if whilst searching for Mulder toweards the end Scully had went to Frank Black. I'd like to see more X-Files, but I think I'd like to see more Millennium more if it was Season 1&2 standard.

Cheers

Stuart

• 1 year later...

I'm getting into series 4 at the moment. From watching all the DVDs so far I'm of the opinion that they are getting better over time. Series 1 was about 50/50 great episodes and terrible episodes, with all manner of hokey special effects. Series 2 was about 75/25. Series 3 was about 90/10.

The good episodes are fucking epic, but when they are bad they are really, really bad.

I'm getting into series 4 at the moment. From watching all the DVDs so far I'm of the opinion that they are getting better over time. Series 1 was about 50/50 great episodes and terrible episodes, with all manner of hokey special effects. Series 2 was about 75/25. Series 3 was about 90/10.

The good episodes are fucking epic, but when they are bad they are really, really bad.

i'm of the opinion that seasons 3-6 were the very best, followed by season 1, then season 2. season 2 was okay, but the whole duane barry thing i felt was a bit...shit.

Guest idol_wild

I left most of my X Files boxsets at a girl's house about a year ago. Now I don't even live in Aberdeen or know where her new flat is. They will be tricky to relinquish. :down: