aberdeen-music

The X Files

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Yeah, I love the episode with the man on death row who channels spirits and eventually channels Scully's dead father. "Beyond The Sea" I believe it's called.

It's in season one and I've yet to come to it. I'm just gonna watch every single episode in a row. :gringo:

Yeah - my wife and I bought the complete box set (nearly 250 eps!) , which came in a cool package made up to look like an archive box.

"Squeeze" & "Tooms" were favourites as was "Home" - the one about the family of in-breds.

There were a few duffers here and there, but for the most part, it was superb.

We were probably in the minority in that we thoroughly enjoyed the John Dogget era as well.

The ongoing alien saga was intriguing, especially the episodes set in Tunguska

I loved the earlier series when each episode was about a different X-File/unusual thing. But I found in later series it all became a bit serialised and was all about Mulder's sister and I kinda lost interest a bit. They made it more about Mulder and Scully than about the paranormal things.

My fave episode is the one with the fancy futuristic office building with the computer that's so intelligent it becomes capable of independent thought and kills all the people capable of disabling it. Brilliant.

Guest idol_wild

My fave episode is the one with the fancy futuristic office building with the computer that's so intelligent it becomes capable of independent thought and kills all the people capable of disabling it. Brilliant.

Ghost In The Machine - I watched that one just last night. I hated it when I saw it on television all those years ago, but I really enjoyed it last night.

i loved the finale of season 1, the erlenmeyer flask

i have season 1-3 box sets, forgot about the cliffhanger at the end of season 3, i have to get 4 now!!!

OH definately I agree!

Been trying to get into season 2 although it's quite annoying when you are a cheapskate who tries to watch them online.

I might try and get these box sets. I get a bit nerdy about collecting series box sets. I've just got all the Family Guy's so looking for something new to get hooked on. After also sitting through all the Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Red Dwarf, Lost and Futuramas..... I started collecting the Simpsons but I only got as far as series 3 as I'd seen those episodes so many times I just physically couldn't sit through them again. And of course being as how I couldn't complete the collection I sold series 1-3 on Ebay. You can't have half a collection... hehe.

Edit - Oh I'm also working my way through the Dawson's Creek series box-sets. But shhhh....... I'm a 27 year old man.

Double Edit - Amazon has the X-Files box sets for 15 each.

What about Twin Peaks? My girlfriend bleats on about this show constantly. I've never seen it. Is it worth getting the box sets?

Definitely. It's really quite random and entertaining. Kyle MacLachlan is amazing in it. His wit is so dry and his asides to his p.a, Diane, through his dictation machine are ace. Well worth it in my opinion. It's possibly my favourite TV series of all time :)

Definitely. It's really quite random and entertaining. Kyle MacLachlan is amazing in it. His wit is so dry and his asides to his p.a, Diane, through his dictation machine are ace. Well worth it in my opinion. It's possibly my favourite TV series of all time :)

Twin Peaks was excellent and contained, for me personally, the scariest scene ever filmed in either TV or cinema. I won't spoil it.

The prequel movie was quite underrated and had some great set pieces in it. You'd probably need to watch the series, or at least a bit of it before tackling the movie - even though it's set in a period just before the series.

The prequel movie was quite underrated and had some great set pieces in it. You'd probably need to watch the series, or at least a bit of it before tackling the movie - even though it's set in a period just before the series.

Without a doubt, Fire Walk With Me is very underrated. Despite being a prequel to the Twin Peaks series it's also pretty much an epilogue as it ties up a lot of stuff from the series so i would agree that it is worth avoiding it until you've seen both Series.

Finished season one in the space of a week and I am totally and utterly hooked. I have withdrawal sweats already.

Season two is top of my chistmas list!

Damn! - If only I hadn't eBayed that collectors complete box set, I could have dangled it in front of you like some sort of digital carrot - mwah-ha-ha

Guest idol_wild
I bought series one and two on Friday night on the way home from work, off the back of this thread, also now completely hooked. They're 20 each in Virgin/Zavvi/whatever.

Nice to know someone else is having a renaissance!

They're about 14 on the HMV website. With free postage. Might just have to invest in season two before christmas. I don't think I can wait! 8-)