aberdeen-music

Bands You Hate, Lets Have A War!!!

Indigo_Soul

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Only Music Of The Truely Dedicated Will Survive.

Thats true.

Every modern band has a wimpy attitude/attack to their own music. You watch T.v nodoby seems to give a shit what theyre playing.

WHERES THE FUCKING PASSION??? I DONT WANT TO SEE THE RASMUS STANDING AROUND LIKE A BUNCH OF PRICKS. I WANA SEE MIKE PATTON PISSING ON NOSY JOURNALISTS!!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Indigo_Soul:

Why do people like bands that i haven't heard of( because i'm spoon fed by mtv and kerrang)??how can you like them if they're not famous? i hate those bands(until their faces are splattered all over the media and they've been forced by their new label to be more "radio friendly"). thats why i love the darkness, because that indian bloke off top of the pops and that uber cool guy off TRL said they are like "keeping music alive.All you people are just all uptight because you've still got your integrity in tact, you're all jealous because the darkness have sooooo much more money than you and get laid more than you.

By the way kerrang said gilman street are the next big thing so im gonna buy thier ep when it comes out next month.

so what bands do you hate?

did i read that right?

i hate;

glassjaw

simple plan

the rasmus( i swear to god everytime i se that video i want to kick that mic straight through his teeth)

Creed

Evanessense(sp)

matchbox 20

the calling

soil

drowning pool

franz ferdinand( not that their music is OVERLY bad, just the singers funny speech and singing thing, not quite a lisp, but it irritates the fuck out of me, again if i met him on the street i'd be inclined to grab him by the face and ask "what the fuck you gonna do ?"

blazing squad

so solid crew

frenzhal rhomb

alyssa's wish

the darkness

finch- funeral for a friend- and before i get slated for that ( mr timpson pleas put down that gun:dunce: ) not saying this to be "cool" or whatever, i gave both these bands a chance and they just didnt flick my bean.

ill put more up as they come in

Gilman Street?Why the fuck does every post end up with either gilman street or quik, or some other bullshit like that. These 2 bands make themselves out to be the big cheeses of the aberdeen music scene, have you heard them before???complete bollocks!!guys that look like they are 12, who jump around the stage like a bunch of moths and act like they are american. waken up dudes.If either of these bands were to become famous they would most likely be described as 'another' busted.Dont get me wrong,i respect you guys for playing instruments/writing music, generally being in a band, but hey, who am i to judge?

Guest highroller

fine Paul no worries...maybe to people looking for faults and ways to jump on anything a band does or says...

well you obviously think we are shit then cos i know that at moshulu you bailed just as we started....

whatever man...peace..free country blah blah

Guest highroller

Gilman Street?Why the fuck does every post end up with either gilman street or quik, or some other bullshit like that. These 2 bands make themselves out to be the big cheeses of the aberdeen music scene, have you heard them before???complete bollocks!!guys that look like they are 12, who jump around the stage like a bunch of moths and act like they are american. waken up dudes.If either of these bands were to become famous they would most likely be described as 'another' busted.Dont get me wrong,i respect you guys for playing instruments/writing music, generally being in a band, but hey, who am i to judge?

Haha this is a great post...irony is it sounds like a twelve year old who posted it!

I'm not sure what you mean by the fact that "every post end up with gilman street or quik." Does that even make sense?

Oh and when was the last time you saw either band live and not just heard an out of date recording?

Thats so funny....cant see either band being described as another Busted...I think people that know both bands would say that neither would be described as another busted...thats absurd....

thanks for giving me a smile to start my thursday morning....

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Haha this is a great post...irony is it sounds like a twelve year old who posted it!

I'm not sure what you mean by the fact that "every post end up with gilman street or quik." Does that even make sense?

Oh and when was the last time you saw either band live and not just heard an out of date recording?

Thats so funny....cant see either band being described as another Busted...I think people that know both bands would say that neither would be described as another busted...thats absurd....

thanks for giving me a smile to start my thursday morning....

I wish someone would describe my band as being like moths. It's pretty awesome.

I can see the NME interview now:

"Yeah, we've been tourning th country playing a lot of shitty windows, We're planning in going into the studio in November to fly into lightbulbs, we've got some great fluttering patterns written..."

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Lawy Lawson:Attorney:

I wish someone would describe my band as being like moths. It's pretty awesome.

I can see the NME interview now:

"Yeah, we've been tourning th country playing a lot of shitty windows, We're planning in going into the studio in November to fly into lightbulbs, we've got some great fluttering patterns written..."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

are you some sort of fuckin weirdo man???? Ahh theres nuthin better than sein a fat 40+year old bum, sit n post messages on the internet all day!!!LOSER!! Iv only ever been in Drummonds a couple of times, and jesus christ, u look like a miserable twat. good'day

What's weird about thinking it's funny when someone slags people off for acting American then calls them dudes three words later.

can't be bothered reading every post. sorry.

hate:

1.lamb. fucking hate them. awful awful electronic shit. don't get me wrong. i love aphex twin and so on. but not lamb.

2. grinspoon

3. jimmy eat world

3. deltra fucking goodram (technically not band. still hate)

4. the cranberries

5. the strokes

6. the vines

7. jet

8. j5

9. white stripes

10. basemet jaxx

11. black eyed peas

enough already.

well thats a good start , have some more fun(just not slagging me!!surely there must be other people to slag??)

What's wrong, can't take the heat.;)

Anyway, I'd love to hang around all day on the internet like a loser but I've got to put on my miserable face and go to work. I don't know how these old creaking bones will ever carry me through another day.

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

fine Paul no worries...maybe to people looking for faults and ways to jump on anything a band does or says...

well you obviously think we are shit then cos i know that at moshulu you bailed just as we started....

I've tried being constructive but it just doesn't seem to click with the new agressive argumentative Ben Quik, and the moshulu night, was the night after the Fudge awards - i only really went to the gig to see Femora and due having no sleep i cound't stick keeping my eyes open, You really think i would have missed Quik if i could avoid it???

I've said about all i want to and this argument's been driven way off course so this is going to be my last fuelling of the flame.

Guest Ibid
Originally posted by soundian:

What's wrong, can't take the heat.;)

Anyway, I'd love to hang around all day on the internet like a loser but I've got to put on my miserable face and go to work. I don't know how these old creaking bones will ever carry me through another day.

Way to go Ian.

Besides, if all the 40 yearolds stopped posting, the IQ of the wasteland would drop 50%

Guest stuartmaxwell

funeral for a friend/etc etc-a band that i thought i would like due to the constant bigging up of them, pishy/whiney vocals, psuedo metal licks and annoying duh duh duh, duh duh duh waah!bits, annoying screamy backing vocals, heard finch the other night-only one song, but add them to this, i expected them to be a lot different to what i heard

twee indie-aka belle and sebastian et al, urgh i say no more

cant stand artyfarty shite either-aka ff, sons and daughters and all the rest of the pish you find in is this music?

the delays, the zutons etc etc, pishy hippy music-fuck off

crappy pop punk music, blink182 et al, monotone vocals, 30 note drumbeats and songs about girls and school

blues-argh does my head in

but hey, im listening to linkin park at the moment, and i think its decent, so what do i know? :dunce:

heres a couple points for you to think about "bro",

1) yes me and leckie DO ACTUALLY talk like that, not surprising really seeing as leckie learned to talk in the states when he was a bairn. and i grew up in hong kong and went to an international primary school, so i've been exposed to as many different races as a slut in an interracial group sex session

2) quik are like all in their 20's, if you can confuse a 20 year old with a 12 year old, you'd be a prime suspect for a child abuse case.

gilman street were actually 12 not that long ago.

3) i wish i could jump as high as the lights in venues, damn i'd be fit, and my gosh dont you know it.

4) i am wide awake

5) if either of these bands were to become famous you'd love them, because they'd be described as another busted, and busted are mega famous

6) im speaking for both bands on this one, both are humble as fuck, theres no rock star bollocks in either, a lot of people think ben is a prick, (well he can be a little on edge on these boards) but hes sound as fuck,

and gilman street, just ask anyone what a lovely bunch of guys we are, fuck we'd probably stick our neck out for pretty much anyone worth it.

so like cowabunga dude or somehting