aberdeen-music

New Element 106 song and EP

Hog

Well, here ya go.

A new song "Killjoy".

Our new EP should be out in December with a tour to follow (including outwith the UK if I get my way)

We have worked very hard recently in improving as a band. Gone are the days of fucking about.

EP artwork to follow shortly.

Thank you

Hog

MySpace.com - Element 106 - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Death Metal / Thrash - www.myspace.com/e106

This is definitely the best thing you guys have done. The playing is tight and the sound quality is good. Reminds me of a slightly less brutal cannibal corpse during the verse. I really like the fast synth section, and the 4/4, 4/4, 5/4 bit before it adds a bit of interest. The only annoying bit is when tony's higher pitched vocal parts seem to distort too much (at the end of a lot of the sentences).

Keep up the good work chaps.

where was it recorded and mixed?

This is definitely the best thing you guys have done. The playing is tight and the sound quality is good. Reminds me of a slightly less brutal cannibal corpse during the verse. I really like the fast synth section, and the 4/4, 4/4, 5/4 bit before it adds a bit of interest. The only annoying bit is when tony's higher pitched vocal parts seem to distort too much (at the end of a lot of the sentences).

Keep up the good work chaps.

where was it recorded and mixed?

That is to be amended also. We are keeping the end of line vocal 'clean' for use of a better word!

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

:up:

I'll need to see the band live ..... sure to bring some shades incase the the lights reflect from your not so bald heid.

Indeed. Say hi if you come along. I see that you're in a metalcore band...I can see we are going to be best friends.:up:

Dan, thank you for your comments. Much appreciated.

Another new tune should be up in the near future. Then it is right back to writing the next bunch of songs.

Indeed. Say hi if you come along. I see that you're in a metalcore band...I can see we are going to be best friends.:up:

"metalcore band" ?????

o_O

aahhh wait that is from the cellar 35 post .... i strongly put forth that we are not what would be shopped about as metalcore ..... we are however slightly influenced by bands such as Despised Icon , Converge , Terror.Some would call these bands hardcore - metalcore - deathcore fit ever the fuck you want to call it but i can assure you WE AINT NO TUNA FISH !

Friends ? pah !!!!!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

NotBald you arsehole, Toasty is the first SPD drummer. You're acting like you don't know him...

:up:

Finally got round to listening to the tune guys.. uhmmm.. I like it.. kinda. Vocal patterns are cool with the first/last riffs. The riffs i actually don't mind either. They just don't fit together AT ALL. haha Which is probably why there is a stop inbetween each time. Poor show. I thought you guys could write?

Hear this often at school? ....Must try harder!!!

Ooka

Finally got round to listening to the tune guys.. uhmmm.. I like it.. kinda. Vocal patterns are cool with the first/last riffs. The riffs i actually don't mind either. They just don't fit together AT ALL. haha Which is probably why there is a stop inbetween each time. Poor show. I thought you guys could write?

Hear this often at school? ....Must try harder!!!

Ooka

First and second riffs fit together IMO. Same scale and the tempo is just halving.

Third, 4th and 5th riffs are all the same notes just different right hand patterns ;)

Going from the 5th back to the first is a weird one however. :up:

We can always do better however as you know :D