aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

CD Storage

Can anyone recommend me an affordable storage method for my CD's? Currently I'm using most of my living room, and it looks pretty untidy. And more importantly, they are now not in alphabetical order so I can't bloody find anything. Preferably I'd like some sort of CD rack type thing that doesn't have those bloody annoying partitions in them as if I buy any kind of special edition album, or a CD that has a cardboard sleeve, it wont fit in it.

I was actually considering that until Stripey came in with his excellent suggestion of a bin and a hard drive.

Indeed, he's sharp as a tack as ever.

I have a few units similar to that one .... can't remember where i got them though. ikea would be best. Only problem with them is that they don't deliver up here yet.

The bastards.

I have a few units similar to that one .... can't remember where i got them though. ikea would be best. Only problem with them is that they don't deliver up here yet.

Aye, I've been looking at Ikea online, but I've still not seen anything as good as the 760 CD cabinet. From this picture here, it looks like it can also hold ornaments and candles:

51K6C%2BNrUKL._SS500_.jpg

Guest Neutral
it looks like it can also hold ornaments and candles

well done, you seem to have excellent detection skills

Haha!

I'd love that. I'd have two flats to care for in that block :love:

Fear not, Dave. I'll help you re-arrange things at Milne towers to make sure all the bookcases slot in... then I'll have you running around the skirting boards with old socks on your hands. Mwaha!

we have a similar shelving to the argos one and it works a treat. you can also order alphabetical dividers from play or amazon which makes it feel like a record shop. handy for finding stuff anyway.

I bought a very similar looking (but smaller) unit from Argos. It was advertised as a CD storage unit - as soon as I filled a shelf with CDs (as pictured in the catalogue) it warped. Not after a day or an hour, literally as soon as I put them in the unit. The shelves weren't strong enough to hold CDs. Quite shite.

I bought a very similar looking (but smaller) unit from Argos. It was advertised as a CD storage unit - as soon as I filled a shelf with CDs (as pictured in the catalogue) it warped. Not after a day or an hour, literally as soon as I put them in the unit. The shelves weren't strong enough to hold CDs. Quite shite.

Happenend with mine.

But I cunningly drilled holes through the back and into the shelves, then screwed them into place.... been fine ever since.