aberdeen-music

Opeth

Dayeth

I've noticed theres a lot of other Opeth fans popping up here and there, can NOT be bad. I'd say they are the most original metal band out there and seem to be consistanly amazing with every album. There's no doubt Mikael Akerfeldt is a superhuman genius and has single handedly ruined my music writing career cos everything I write now ends up sounding like Opeth (kicks ass, but a blatant rip off).

Saw them last...uh.. March? And ready to prog 'n' roll and see them at Donnington, what a happy day that was when it was announced.

Any favourite songs?

Leper Affinity, Demon of the Fall, The Moor... plus the rest

If you haven't heard them before, commit yourself to doing so...or commit suicide (over the top, but you'll thank me)

Guest Scorge Spike

Has this thread not been done before?

Anyway yes, I like 'em, and saw 'em last year in Glasgow. Not worth going to Download for alone, but bloody good. Could almost play 'Silhouette' the whole way error free at the height of my ivory tinkering days. Favorite album is probably Blackwater Park. Though most of them are not far from greatness.

Opeth are awesome.

My younger brother kept trying to get me into them a while back but I never really gave them the time if day to fully appreciate the genius at work.

The intro/outro four chords of "The Drapery Falls" is one of the simplist yet most awesome pieces of music ever.

"Deliverance" and "Master's Apprentices" are also fucking ace songs.

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

I only have blackwater parki think that is what it is called.

from what else i have heard nothing much that impressed apart from mikael akerfeldt or something like that

really good guitarist !

You should check out the beat through the last four minutes of Deliverance... fucking ace.

Originally posted by withoutaspine:

what is everyone's opinion of delieverance/damnation compared to their older music?

I think Deliverance is just another classic heavy album to add to their catalogue, it really is brilliant.

I love Damnation too, its quite different but its amazing how they can have two personailities like that and still be good at each.

Opeth - Schizophrenic Metal

• 5 months later...