aberdeen-music

Mogwai

SteveCrisis

Guest idol_wild
Mogwai - Home

New date - Inverness

We've a new show to announce, this time it's in Inverness on May 9th at The Ironworks. Box office number to call is 0871 7894 173 and you can book online through The Ironworks website

I am so there.

Providing, of course, that the tickets won't sell out before payday on Friday!

Ticket booked, hotel room booked, sorted. Half day at work and afternoon beers on the train for me I think. :love:

Oh, I'd keep off the beers.

You might get rowdy or even feel brave enough to talk at the gig and disturb Mr. Braithwaite and the rest of the band.

Fucked if I'm going up to Inverness to see them after being pigenholed in with all the twats who couldn't shut up when they played here.

Guest bluesxman
Oh, I'd keep off the beers.

You might get rowdy or even feel brave enough to talk at the gig and disturb Mr. Braithwaite and the rest of the band.

Fucked if I'm going up to Inverness to see them after being pigenholed in with all the twats who couldn't shut up when they played here.

Aye the Aberdeen thing rankles but various twists of fate have meant Ive never seen them live and a wee jaunt up to Inverness is OK by me. 15 quid for the return train fare too, less than 110 quid for that, ticket and hotel.

That should be a good 'un. I'm going to catch them at the Tripytch all day thing in Glasgae though.

I chanced upon that on Last.fm a few days ago, straight to the Box Office :up: Lineup is brilliant!

tickets boooooooooooooooooooooked!!

yaldy!

He'min, you going to Tramway or Ironworks?

Aye the Aberdeen thing rankles but various twists of fate have meant Ive never seen them live and a wee jaunt up to Inverness is OK by me. 15 quid for the return train fare too, less than 110 quid for that, ticket and hotel.

And here was us all complaining about the price of gigs at the Lemon Tree...

I

Guest bluesxman
And here was us all complaining about the price of gigs at the Lemon Tree...

I

What have the ticket prices charged in a dead venue got to do with anything?

What have the ticket prices charged in a dead venue got to do with anything?

Not a dead venue anymore and not much as it was fun a passing comment.

can hear the voices though... "how much? 6 quid to see a band in i Tunnles min, fuckat like" Aye am gaan ti see iss band in Inverness like. only costin mi a hunner quid ken".

:) Adds smiley face to show that he is not having a go at anyone on this site but there are some out there that have that attitude... Happily pay to travel but question ticket prices in local venues...

Can i stress that this was just a fun passing comment and not a topic for debate, please...

Mogwai are total cunts. There is no shitting way that i am paying fuck knows how much to go and see them in Inverness just because some people were having a chat during their set last time they played in Aberdeen. I mean for fucks sake Aberdeen is between the central belt and Inverness surely if they'd absolutely wanted to they could have made an effort to please their fans by playing somewhere in Aberdeen.

Fuck them, i don't care if i see them again. If they are honestly so uptight that they can't let something that happened ages ago slip then they neither deserve my custom nor the money i would spend on their future releases.

What a precious bunch of twats.

Mogwai are total cunts. There is no shitting way that i am paying fuck knows how much to go and see them in Inverness just because some people were having a chat during their set last time they played in Aberdeen. I mean for fucks sake Aberdeen is between the central belt and Inverness surely if they'd absolutely wanted to they could have made an effort to please their fans by playing somewhere in Aberdeen.

Fuck them, i don't care if i see them again. If they are honestly so uptight that they can't let something that happened ages ago slip then they neither deserve my custom nor the money i would spend on their future releases.

Bad day at work I take it?

Life's too short to be bitter. I am gutted they aren't playing in Aberdeen, but am quite looking forward to the trip to Inversneck. Saw them at ABC in Glasgow (too pissed to really enjoy it), Usher Hall in Edinburgh (awe inspiring) and Barra's (no bad) before and always found the journey to be the best part.

Ticket + Travel + Bed is about 50 if you aren't fussy ;)

I (sort of) agree with your sentiments - if not your anger.

it's been nearly 10 years since they played Aberdeen and that was on the tour for their first album - they were an "up and coming" rather than established band at the time so would have atrracted more of a walk-in crowd there out of curiosity rather than the die-hard fans they would get now after more than half a dozen albums.

I think it's a shame that they hold a grudge after all this time - and i think it's an insult to the fans travelling to inverness / glasgow / edinburgh from aberdeen to see them to have them lumped in with the arseholes that spoiled the last gig here.

strangely, I can't even remember the crowd being that noisy at the Lemon tree - i've been at gigs there that have been loads worse for people talking.

here's hoping that Stuart Braithwaite is keeing tabs on this thread after his earlier post and hopefully takes his fans views into account rather than letting a few noisy twats cloud his judgement.