aberdeen-music

AKA The Fox

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram

some members from the band post on here now and again, they won the recent battle of the bands at cafe drummonds, beating off comptetition from strobing goat and double jack. also supported cosmic rough riders this past saturday...they often play drummonds so keep an eye on those big posters that tell you who is playing through the month, chances are they might be on it. as will Lady Mercedes...who i happened to see listed in your top ten aberdeen band list.

Originally posted by KarmaTsunami:

... as will Lady Mercedes...who i happened to see listed in your top ten aberdeen band list.

Heh, I used to be in them many moons ago, plus I have a perverse sense of humour!

Where is that butterfly?

Originally posted by Pierre Von Mondragon:

Yeah thats us

Playing at an unit/warehouse/arches party somewhwere in Glasgow this weekend, mad techno/ rock soundclash stylee. I dont't know exactly where but it WILL be mental. Good photo of Bowman the saxmeister there.

Sounds like fun, have a good gig!

Originally posted by Turnham Green:

I've been hearing lots of good things about this band, plus they have a saxophonist(woop)... when are they playing next?

Would this be them?

http://www.belmont-street.com/WDID/240404/DSCN0348.jpg

http://www.belmont-street.com/WDID/240404/DSCN0349.jpg

http://www.belmont-street.com/WDID/240404/DSCN0350.jpg

Yes that's them.

Originally posted by Tina:

We have a gig at king tuts in June although we have yet to confirm an actual date and glasgow tommorow tonight at some warehouse.

Very bad photo of me up there!

How long have you been together?.. things appear to be happening fast!

We have a gig at king tuts in June although we have yet to confirm an actual date and glasgow tommorow tonight at some warehouse.

Very bad photo of me up there!

At least you don't look like a nicotine-addicted, guitar-slinging, pissed off zombie like Pierre.

Originally posted by Turnham Green:

How long have you been together?.. things appear to be happening fast!

We first formed at the end of 2003 starting off by playing at the jam session at the moorings on a sunday night, but our full line-up has only been established since the start of February. It is all happening really fast because we work very well together and have had a lot of support from many people. I think its also partly to do with not having a drummer which allows us to record our tunes straight onto the computer once we have an idea of what we're doing.

Originally posted by Alan Cynic:

The only worrying thing here is that there's a sax player involved. And we all know what they're like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You... you, thingy!

The only worrying thing here is that there's a sax player involved. And we all know what they're like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the only worrying thing -

I think its also partly to do with not having a drummer which allows us to record our tunes straight onto the computer once we have an idea of what we're doing.

Imagine if that idea took hold...

*panic*

No horse-tumbling drummer = lack of elan.

Sax player (especially ones who call you a thingy!) = lack of forethought.

Mind you, woman guitarist cancels out the above 2 problems, so AKA THE FOX are a good thing.

Maybe 'thingy' was meant as a compliment... relating to your hair!