aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

well they won their first game of the season and it was the first one he didn't start (if i remember correctly) so I'd suggest that maybe it did have some sort of effect on the team.

But he didn't score. He had as much bearing on the match as Mackie did when he came on.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going by that rationale then it was also Derek Young's only start of the season.

Luck would be a fine thing :)

Young was playing in midfield though, so wasn't expected to score. And he's pish, so wasnt expected to score.

But according to some people Lovell is the answer to all our goal scoring problems. My argument is that he's done fuck all to justify that and us winning had absolutely nothing to do with Lovell starting instead of Mackie.

Fulham didn't help my fantasy team with that comeback. Got 3 spurs players including Robinson and it was looking pretty good for most of the game.

As for the coupon, probably karma for sending mocking texts to Ross P about signing Malkowski

:laughing:

We were actually pretty good against Hibs and deserved at least a draw. Gutted that Niculae missed the pen; an inch to the left an it would've been in.

Going to Hampden and Parc de Princes will soothe the pain though :love:

apparently mclaren is being dictated as to who to pick by his players - in this case michael owen. sums mclaren up really clearly doesnt have a clue (hence having the perfect qualification to manage the england team). speaking of not having a clue why does graham taylor (or failure as viz once memorably called him) get to co-commentate on england games when he quite impressively managed to fail to get england into USA 94? i think i need another caffeine injection this morning!

CIS draw:

Inverness CT v Gretna

East Fife v Rangers

Falkirk v Dundee United

Dundee v Celtic

Hearts v Dunfermline Athletic

Hamilton Accies v Kilmarnock

Hibernian v Motherwell

Partick Thistle v Aberdeen.

Fucking close!

I think we've half a chance in this one, especially if Tangoman is still in charge. Sheepies?

seven games unbeaten, 3rd in the league, strikers scoring, a player nominated for player of the month (and looking good to win it)..... can someone wake me up please???

if you ever doubted religion there is a god - mr jimmy quinn*

(*this status will be taken away when we go on a shite run and the strikers stop scoring)

How did Sone Aluko look?

Very good actually. Looks like a real livewire with the ball at his feet and he's very nippy, lots of nice turns and runs, scored a cracker of a goal too. The worrying thing is that he seems to have a Muirhead-esque habbit of turning and running straight into people though.

One of very few positives to be honest, even Jackie Mac looked pretty shoddy.