aberdeen-music

Boredoms (Osaka, Japan)

Jamesy

sorry for being negative...but...

its cool that lots of people *say* they would go. but when tickets cost 15, the amount of people who said they would go seem to half

i think it would be good to see them up here, but realistically, i cant see it happening. someone will do a glasgow show (synergy probably), a small amount of english dates (probably to tie in with a festival like atp in december) then offski.

sorry for being negative...but...

its cool that lots of people *say* they would go. but when tickets cost 15, the amount of people who said they would go seem to half

i think it would be good to see them up here, but realistically, i cant see it happening. someone will do a glasgow show (synergy probably), a small amount of english dates (probably to tie in with a festival like atp in december) then offski.

That's blatently obvious though, but if people really want to see a band then 15 isn't going to be a problem. I think you'd struggle to get 100 people to this gig in Aberdeen though.

thats my point. people who say they have never heard of em before until now will always crop up saying they would have no problem shelling 15bucks on em. i would say there are about 30-40 people in aberdeen who would walk over burning coals to catch this gig

just ask mike and graham about faust, schneider tm and various other high profile stuff they have done

I think there is probably more people than you think that would attend this show, lots of old duffers (haha) will go on their connection to John Zorn/Naked City. Properly promoted and if luck makes it fall on the weekend, i cant see why getting 200 through into the Lemon Tree would be a major problem...but i do stress PROPERLY PROMOTED!

This would be awesome but it would have its risk - Im fairly sure Acid Mother Temple made a fair loss when they played the Tunnels (thats my speculation though, not fact). I think The Tunnels is the ideal venue for it though.

I'd go and see it - I lived in Osaka for 6 months and they are huge heros of the record shops I used to frequent there.

• 1 month later...

Pitchfork: Boredoms Announce Lengthy Tour

06-30 Calgary, Alberta - The Warehouse

07-02 Toronto, Ontario - Phoenix

07-07 Brooklyn, NY - Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park (Brooklyn Bridge Park)

08-04 Helsinki, Finland - Nosturi

08-05 Tampere, Finland - Klubi

08-08 Oslo, Norway - ya Festival

08-10 Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West Festival

08-12 Copenhagen, Denmark - Radio Concert Hall

10-18 Groningen, Netherlands - Vera

10-19 Hasslet, Belgium - KC Belgie

10-20 Kortrijk, Belgium - Sonic City Festival

10-22 Manchester, England - Academy

10-13 Glasgow, Scotland - Arches

10-24 Aberdeen, England - Moshulu

10-26 London, England - The Wire/Electra Festival

10-28 Dublin, Ireland - Deaf Festival

10-30 Cardiff, Wales - The Point

• 2 years later...

For all you folk out there interested in Boredoms & Boredoms style of mentalness please check out Bo Ningen playing at The Tunnels this Wednesday, threads are active elwhere on gigs & IMP messageboards.

This is how the Evening Express on Thurs 19th Nov previewed their ONLY Scottish show on this tour:-

Japenese Four-Piece push the boundaries.

One of the hottest new bands on the London music scene are heading to the North East. Japanese experimental noise four piece Bo Ningen have been hailed as the most exciting live act in years. Guitarist Taigen said" When we first formed we would jam for 12hours every day. There was no real structure to those sessions, we would just make noise & see where the music took us. Bo Ningen moved to London Four years ago & release a limited edition ep Koroshitai Kimmochilater this month. LIVE they are a cacophonous clash between experimentalism od Ash Ra Temple & the abrasive edge of fellow Japanese bands like Les Rallizes Denudes & Boredoms (who they were heavily infulenced by in their early informative years) Unprdictable & loud Bo Ningen LIVE are UNFORGETTABLE. Taigasn said "For anyone coming to the show who has not heard our music before I would say Bo Ningen define our music as PSYCHEDLIC. To be a psychedlic band it is not just about playingsongs that sound like they are from the 1960's or rehashing a Krautrock sound. Psychedlic should be about pushing the bounderies, taking the music to areas it has never been b4. That is what Bo Ningen are about which is why our shows are so WILD.

I thought Boredoms were playing again, I got all excited there.

Sorry to raise your expectations but we always said Boredoms would be a one off visit to Aberdeen. People who loved Boredoms will love

Bo Ningen. They should really be checked out & check out their myspace for a picture down the left of one of the the guitarist's hanging upside down off the roof of the venue & still playing....... :up:

I thought Boredoms were playing again, I got all excited there.

Sorry to raise your expectations but we always said Boredoms would be a one off visit to Aberdeen.

People who loved Boredoms will love Bo Ningen. They should really be checked out & check out their myspace for a picture down the left of one of the the guitarist's hanging upside down off the roof of the venue & still playing....... :up: