aberdeen-music

Football trivia question...

RossP

Here is a question that was in the Sunday Mail which is starting to get to me....

Name 9 players (past or present) who have a country in their name

So far i've got

Jason Scotland

Gary Wales

Stephen Ireland

Mike England

Joe Jordan

I'm sure there must be a player with the first name Chad, and my dad assures me there is a player with the surname Spain.

There is something in my mind that is telling me there is a player with the surname Denmark...

Any other suggestions??

Here's a belter for you: which team has a league ground in two different countries?

chester city - the diva stadium now called saunders honda stadium, i went there in 1995 and watched cambridge handsomely beat them 3-0!

from wikipedia...

In 1983, they changed their name to Chester City FC and proceeded to return to the Third Division in 1986. In 1990, they moved out of their The Stadium and temporarily shared Macclesfield's Moss Rose ground before moving to the brand new Deva Stadium (now the Saunders Honda Stadium) in 1992 (the stadium is notable for crossing the England-Wales border: while the pitch is in Wales, the main stand and offices are in England). The creation of the FA Premier League that same year meant that The Football League's three remaining divisions were renamed and the Third Division became known as the Second Division.

• Upvote 1

Marinus 'Rinus' Israel- Ex dutch footballer/manager

Good'un :up:

Marinus ("Rinus") David Isral (born 19 March 1942 in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland) is a former Dutch football player and current coach.

During his career he played for DWS (1962-66), Feyenoord Rotterdam (1966-74), Excelsior Rotterdam (1974-75), PEC Zwolle (1975-82). Isral achieved his greatest success at club level with Feyenoord, where he won three Eredivisie titles, a KNVB Cup, a European Cup and a UEFA Cup. He scored one of the two Rotterdam goals in the 1970 European Cup final against Celtic F.C. He also played 47 matches and scored 3 goals for the Netherlands national football team from 1964 to 1974, and played in the 1974 FIFA World Cup where the Dutch finished second. Nicknamed IJzeren Rinus (Iron Rinus) he formed a solid defence line at Feyenoord with Theo Laseroms

Here's one for you:

There is only one UK football club that doesn't have any of the letters of the word mackerel in its name. Name it...

bury

i had that in a pub quiz once

EDIT: Its not bury, that question was which team in england has the fewest letters....

Give me 6 British football league teams that have body parts in their name. One of the body parts is mentioned twice (ie in two different teams)

Hint - Arsenal and Scunthorpe do not count.

ManCHESTer Utd

ManCHESTer City

CHESTerfield

that's three with the same body part

edit: 4, chester as well,. probably more