aberdeen-music

Post pics of Your Squier guitars or basses (Squier appreciation thread)

citizens_X

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
The thing about Stratocasters is that, whilst they are a dream to play, they sort of "bleed tone." What I mean is that Strats lack its own individual sound unlike other Fenders like Telecasters, Jaguars, Jazzmasters etc... I wouldn't say that this is a bad thing, and it is probably why so many people like them (I Love mine), Stratocasters are sort of like a blank canvas where you can easily create yr own tone.

Now, does that make any sense to anyone?

Can't say I agree with that. The aforementioned "in between" tones are impossible to get on another guitar and therefore instantly recognisable as a strat.

squires are good for people who dont have an enough money for a really expensive fender, i wish i had a expensive strat however, the last brand new guitar i bought bout 2 half years ago in RnB was the squire standard strat with the chrome scratch plate, black pickups, and the large black head stock, i fell in love with it straight away, and it played like a dream, so with a really coincidental tax rebate i went down and bought it for 279 little did i know if i shopped about i could have got a fender strat for around about the same price, i dont think there's nothing wrong with them they're well put together and the options on them are great only mod i did was putting in a hot rail in the bridge and i then was off

it sounds just as good as 'metal' guitars, only without those annoying flat really thin necks that most of them have, and i play more comfortable with the fender scale legnth that a shorter scale legnth say like a gibson

squires are good for people who dont have an enough money for a really expensive fender, i wish i had a expensive strat however, the last brand new guitar i bought bout 2 half years ago in RnB was the squire standard strat with the chrome scratch plate, black pickups, and the large black head stock, i fell in love with it straight away, and it played like a dream, so with a really coincidental tax rebate i went down and bought it for 279 little did i know if i shopped about i could have got a fender strat for around about the same price, i dont think there's nothing wrong with them they're well put together and the options on them are great only mod i did was putting in a hot rail in the bridge and i then was off

it sounds just as good as 'metal' guitars, only without those annoying flat really thin necks that most of them have, and i play more comfortable with the fender scale legnth that a shorter scale legnth say like a gibson

Horseshit...."squires are good for people who dont have an enough money for a really expensive fender"

This guy might not agree with you.

squires are good for people who dont have an enough money for a really expensive fender

I own MIA and MIM Fenders and bought a Squier Jagmaster II just recently, not because I was lacking the funds for something else but because I liked the body style and because it's a great guitar regardless of what it says on the headstock.:up:

Try building your own guitar... I did it and it works brilliant!

All this talk about brands, brands and brands... DIY is the shizzle!

I'd consider it if I had a little more knowledge about guitar wiring and stuff, it seems a little too costly for Me though... I was on the Warmoth site looking at guitar bodies and necks and the prices are pretty high. You should post a pic of the one You made, I'd love to see it.:up:

Come on ladies, put away the pop-guns and let the real men play. :D

Pah!!

Nah, it looks good like but it's a bit too clinical looking for my tastes. I like the finish though, very natural looking and the wood is nice. Dunno if i've heard it properly yet though.

I don't have tight enough t-shirts to pull off that guitar as part of a look though, nice as it is, and it would also pull the attention away from my beard. :p

Discussing products on a "Discussion" forum is spamming?

The point he's making is that you're an American, living in America, posting on a Scottish local music site about nothing except Fender guitars and Fender products.

Frankly it does seem highly suspect and if I could actually prove you were a Fender employee or some strange street team member or something I'd ban you from the site. But I've checked your user details and checked your profile on other websites and you do just appear to be a very vocal fan of Fender guitars.

The point he's making is that you're an American, living in America, posting on a Scottish local music site about nothing except Fender guitars and Fender products.

Frankly it does seem highly suspect and if I could actually prove you were a Fender employee or some strange street team member or something I'd ban you from the site. But I've checked your user details and checked your profile on other websites and you do just appear to be a very vocal fan of Fender guitars.

Yes, I'm an American living in America just like it says in My profile and I'll admit I know nothing about Aberdeen, Scottlands local music scene.

I do post alot about Fender gear but I have posted about other topics as well.

I'm sorry but I like talking about gear, I've played bass for 10 years and just recently started playing guitar less than a year ago, I'm really interested in guitars and modifications and such and brought up these topics not for personal gain but because they are topics I enjoy talking about. I usually post on Harmony Central under the same screen name and sometimes it gets pretty slow there, I was just looking for a another place to talk about guitars and effects I had no Idea that this wasn't a good idea, if I've upset people I'm sorry, just delete My posts and I'll stop posting here.

Thanks,

Lloyd:up:

Guest DustyDeviada

Hey Lloyd, don't take offence, I think it's just that most people here are bored speaking about Fender guitars.

Why don't you tell us about all the prostitutes in Las Vegas, that would be much more interesting.

Lloyd, if you are a genuine poster who is simply enthusiastic about Fender gear, then welcome to aberdeen-music.com.

I, too love Fender.

That's why I play G&L

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: