aberdeen-music

[GIG] Girls Aloud @ AECC

Rob

Guest bluesxman
Changing the subject slighty, did anyone see the actual naked photo's of Britney Spears.. Oh dear lord.. It looks like she has two witches fingers trapped between her thighs..

Yes, it's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

Can't say they are even remotely close to my usual musical tastes but good on them playing Aberdeen, nice to see a fairly regular stream of arena size acts now turning up here. Pity the AECC carparks are a nightmare! All we need now is Iron Maiden and AC/DC to turn up and maybe even Heaven And Hell on their summer tour! 8-)

ps, at least Girls Aloud have Nicola Roberts in the band, that "Willow" effect! :up:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
My daughter has the chance of free tickets to this. She is roughly 4 years old (hence her awful taste in music!) Would anyone recommend this for someone her age?

You're just looking for an excuse to go ;)

Rumbled.

Personally, I can't stand the hoors and their caterwauling - but I'd be happy to ogle them for a couple of hours.

One of the papers this weekend was reporting that this show was really quite raunchy... but isn't it supposed to be for children... ?(

I bet it's just so all the Dad's are like, "I got you tickets to girls aloud..." and he's seen as a hero. Where as he's really just going for his own dirty reasons. And who could blame him. TWEEDY!!! :D

I haven't seen evidence of this but considering how big the band is I can't see them doing anything too bad.

If you do happen to come across evidence, feel free to post a link to it here (as long as we're not talking top shelf kind of raunchy in which case a PM may be more appropriate).

:up:

I've heard a lot of people are selling their tickets as the show is allegedly "too raunchy" for kids. I haven't seen evidence of this but considering how big the band is I can't see them doing anything too bad. It'd be a risk you'd have to be willing to take.

Girls Aloud aren't for kids though really. Surely they are for the gays and those of us that realise that Xenomania have managed to create some of the best pop songs of the last 10 years.

I saw the tour last year, and sure there was a good level of raunch, but there was also a comedy value nutty professor who 'created' girls aloud in a lab who was obviously aimed at the children.

Don't worry about it, Nadine has good Christian values.

Guest bluesxman

Teletubbies are for kids. Tweenies are for kids. Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Pussycat Dolls or any other girl band who make their living singing catchy, mass-consumer directed pop music whilst being scantily clad are not for kids.