aberdeen-music

[GIG] The Holloways @ Liquid

Rob

well Liquid it is!!

2075.jpg

Liquid goes Indie with a monthly Sunday of 101% Rock & Roll , we kick it off in style with the band labeled as the next Kooks THE HOLLWAYS whos new single generator is out now , also a guest DJ set from Uncle Buck who we all know from Radio One and MTVs Zane Lows show!

Room 1 THE HOLLOWAYS Live on stage Guest DJ Uncle Buck - Res Mark Collie

Room 2 Unplugged Acoustic Live local and student talent

Room 3 101% Rock & Roll with Res DJ Johnny Richardson

Drink Promos All Night

Free Entry B4 11.30pm

3 with student card or ticket

What next Babyshambles at Jumping Jacks?

I guess it'll be quite interesting as i have never really been to Liquid more than once or twice and i can't imagine what it's going to be like! Indie mosh pogo'ing upstairs and ben Shirman shirts, mini skirts, neon fruit flavoured vodka drink and thumping Dj Sammy downstairs..

Well i checked the Liquid website and it says free before 11.30pm or 3 thereafter with a student card or ticket.

I guess if its saying free before 11.30, that would suggest that the band aren't going to be on till 12 or even 1am.. (i have to get up for work at 7.. what the f**k)

It looks as if they will be doing a full set!!

Liquid is a nightclub...

how ridiculous was that? Fair play to liquid, the set up was quite good but the sound was shit, the crowd was shit, fortunately the band were ace. Couldnt stop laughing at the crowd tho, hardly anyone had a clue who the holloways were, think the biggest cheer of the night was when the dj played the kooks, come on now, they just shouldnt be allowed to let bands play there. The basist was getting told off from the bouncers for climbing on a speaker. Never thought i would hear the view or the libertines being played in liquid. Get them booked in a proper venue, was like a band playing at your school disco.

The sound was always going to be pretty hard to control in a venue like Liquid, where'd they end up putting the band exactly? Was it just The Holloways on their own and what time were they on roughly?

QuestionsQuestionsQuestions ^_^

I like the idea of them getting told off by the bouncers for climbing on speakers, it's like when I got told off for shaking my mate Scott in Drakes at a Turning 13/Mercury Tilt Switch gig and drunkenly proclaimed it was a rock club and that people were allowed to be shaken when the steward enquired.

Bands:Will climb on stuff.

there is a nice wee notice in the tunnels on the back of the speakers saying "do not stand on the monitors! if you do they will be turned off" coz fat people were standing on them and they are getting wrecked, LOL

The sound was always going to be pretty hard to control in a venue like Liquid, where'd they end up putting the band exactly? Was it just The Holloways on their own and what time were they on roughly?

QuestionsQuestionsQuestions ^_^

I like the idea of them getting told off by the bouncers for climbing on speakers, it's like when I got told off for shaking my mate Scott in Drakes at a Turning 13/Mercury Tilt Switch gig and drunkenly proclaimed it was a rock club and that people were allowed to be shaken when the steward enquired.

Bands:Will climb on stuff.

they played like between the two podiums, like just under the dj booth, the set up was quite cool. Yeah it was just them, they came on about 12.10 and played for bout 40 minutes. Im guessing there was about 200 - 300 people there, alot of people had just stumbled in tho, probs not knowing that there was a band on

come on now, they just shouldnt be allowed to let bands play there. The basist was getting told off from the bouncers for climbing on a speaker. Never thought i would hear the view or the libertines being played in liquid. Get them booked in a proper venue, was like a band playing at your school disco.

Do you not see that it's a good thing that Luminar are doing this? It can only help the music industry if there's crossover with clubs, after all. In turn, that might open some eyes to the music venues in Aberdeen, meaning they might have a chance of not losing all their money into a bottomless pit.