aberdeen-music

Saw3 - WITH SPOILERS

Johnny Mac

Usually films like this are crap

With Saw being the only series of films 'like this' the other 2 films must have passed you by?

Really looking forward (if that's the right phrase) to seeing Saw 3.

I 'saw' it last night :p

Very good. It was pretty much what I expected to be honest - taking that step further than the others. As Paul said, it actually had a plot which is always handy! I recommend it for sure though.

The new Texas Chainsaw one: DEFINITELY go and see it! I loved it! If you like the remake of the original from a few years ago - you'll enjoy this one. I'm a big fan of the other one and felt that there was one thing missing from this new one. Other than that, it's well worth the few quid it costs!

:up:

The new Texas Chainsaw one: DEFINITELY go and see it! I loved it! If you like the remake of the original from a few years ago - you'll enjoy this one. I'm a big fan of the other one and felt that there was one thing missing from this new one. Other than that, it's well worth the few quid it costs!

:up:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original version) is one of the most hyped and also worst films i have ever seen. The remake was terrible too, the only good side being Jessica Biel's screen-time. I can't imagine i'll like the new one but i'll give it a shot.

As for Saw 3, i'm really looking forward to that :) The first one was good, the second one better. Although, when i went to see Saw 2, i ended up pretty much on a 'date' with a russian guy who was sitting in my seat and didn't understand the concept of 'shift your arse' so i ended up sitting next to him and he was intent on talking to me both through the film and after it. He almost ended up in my seat (actually his) at one point :/

The Saw films aren't the only horror / thriller films that's main selling point is extreme gore.

But that's not really the main storypoint of Saw, is it?

Unlike many of the films you're referring to, where the main 'attraction' is blood/gore, Saw has a discernable story, with plot, suspense and character development.

But that's not really the main storypoint of Saw, is it?

Unlike many of the films you're referring to, where the main 'attraction' is blood/gore, Saw has a discernable story, with plot, suspense and character development.

How many people d'you know go and see these films to watch the characters develop? Severed body parts are used on all the posters, that alone must highlight the fact that it is the biggest selling point? Just because it's clever, doesn't mean it can't still be a horror film.

I wouldn't say it was 'better' than the other two, but was definitely even more fucked up and gorey.

Never have i watched a film through my fingers as much as that.

I didn't find the twist as 'holy-shit' as the last 2 saw films, but that could be cos I was expecting one for sure this time...

The vat full of rotting pigs carcasses, the rib-remover and 'the rack' must be some of the most brutal things I've seen... along with that girl getting her eyes blow-torched out in 'Hostel'.

Saw movies are definitely the best horror/gore films I have seen, the fact they are vaguely clever as well as messed up makes them well worth a few quid.

Yes, I thought it was pretty ace. I agree the twist wasn't as omg as I thought it would bem probably cos I built it up too much for myself, but it was actually very clever.

It's all worth it for when Jigsaw explains everything, accompanied with a clip from before as proof that it was in your face earlier. And then the 10 seconds flashing image collage that they love to do aswell.

Was there? Maybe it was like the boy in the second film and she's actually safe....

I think it'll be a prequel myself, explaining why Jigsaw is like he is.

Aye, i'm sure Jigsaw said there was only a certain amount of air for her.

But yes, I think the 4th will be a prequel.

When he was getting his brain chopped into it showed glimpses of him with some woman. I'm guessing something tragic happened to her.

Aye, i'm sure Jigsaw said there was only a certain amount of air for her.

But yes, I think the 4th will be a prequel.

When he was getting his brain chopped into it showed glimpses of him with some woman. I'm guessing something tragic happened to her.

But he also said he wasn't a murderer, which is why he had the boy in a 'safe' place in the second film. I don't think the girl is in any danger. It was just to give the guy something horrible to think about while he starved to death, after all he was entombed in that place.

His wife was a total bitch though, she was clearly capable of talking and telling him that if Jigsaw died she would too.

He didn't kill the girl though.... Robert the Bruce did by killing Jigsaw, or maybe not. I'm confused now. His wifes face got a good doing over though by that dog collar thing.

Jigsaw said he'd be responsible for 4 deaths.... his, amanda, his wife.... and is the 4th one his daughter or him?

The 4th one was him. Robert The Bruce's final punishment was the torment that he'd spend his last days thinking he'd killed his daughter.