aberdeen-music

My Website

framheim

I like it !! The only thing I'm thinking is why didn't I get you to build my site? I have had three sites built over the past three years and for each one I'm sure I've been ripped off my the web designer I have in Inverness. This latest one he's doing for Inverurie School of Music is just three pages - and he's quoted 300 plus vat !!!!

Can anyone do it cheaper than that for me?

Cheers

I like it !! The only thing I'm thinking is why didn't I get you to build my site? I have had three sites built over the past three years and for each one I'm sure I've been ripped off my the web designer I have in Inverness. This latest one he's doing for Inverurie School of Music is just three pages - and he's quoted 300 plus vat !!!!

Cheers

300 for 3 pages sounds a little steep but i'm not a webdesigner so what do i know. i'm glad you like it though. you could do worse than trying macromedia dreamweaver, that's what i created the index page on my site with. it works like a desktop publishing package. the rest of my site was made using a gallery creation program called simpleviewer.

i need to tweak the index page a little so it looks as good on smaller resolution monitors. i've just realised it looks a bit rubbish on my laptop.

This latest one he's doing for Inverurie School of Music is just three pages - and he's quoted 300 plus vat !!!!

What's included in the 3 pages? Is that for hosting as well?

To be honest if all you're having is 3 static pages you could probably find an enthusiastic amateur who'll do a decent enough job for free (perhaps a student you can do a deal with, do the site and get free lessons for a month or something) or nearly free. There are plenty of free hosting options around that would suit a small site like that as well, so all you'd need to pay for was the domain name.

This latest one he's doing for Inverurie School of Music is just three pages - and he's quoted 300 plus vat !!!!

I assume a lot of that 300 is for the design rather than the actual coding of the pages, but it sounds as if you don't like his design much either. Time to move on I think.

I'd at least try Chris' idea, ask your customers, there might be one willing to barter for a few free rehearsals.

Cheers

maybe try this guy

Dont have a clue what his prices are though.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you planning on becoming a full time photographer or just use it as a hobby?

planning on becoming a full-time photographer at some point. i'm still developing though and need a bit more time working on my portfolio and working out what i want to do. i'd love to do documentary projects full-time but that's a long haul.

A little explanation under the pictures would be nice.

I've been thinking about that alot. I don't think they need anything more than a title but what i might do is add an introduction page for each big project i do like the panto. This would provide a bit more information without cluttering up the photo page.