aberdeen-music

aberdeen's music scene

ultra-violent

Check out the GC guide to see the diverse bands and music you can see in a month. There is a large list of Aberdeen bands on the site and I'm sure most of them will have a myspace where you can listen to their tunes. Do a bit of research and you will find what you are looking for.

What the site that didnt list cephalic carnage playing aberdeen?

Must the gig due to their listings

You think there's no scene here? Go to Glasgow or Edinburgh, Aberdeen pisses all over both. We have easily the healthiest, most active scene in Scotland, and one of the best in the UK. Kids these days...don't know they're born! ;)

I guess that is why i goto glasgow and pay lots of cash to see bands I WANT

Exactly, if people don't recognise that their is a problem, then no one will think otherwise.

It is like anything in life, if people don't speak out, no action will be taken. Simple as.

The people who complain are always the people who sit back on their arse and do fuck all.

People like Jamesy, Shaz etc. and a lot of musicians are putting in the work to make the Aberdeen scene something to be proud of.

Speaking out's easy. Taking action seems to be the part that the moany bastards have a problem with.

The same shit has been said for years now. Shut up (I've had a glass or two) really, shusht! How do you define 'the' problem? Who 'really' cares? There is only a problem if you spend too much time thinking up a problem. And if you are spending too much time thinking about it you probably aren't doing anything to fix 'your percieved' problem.

There are good bands, there are shit bands, there are bands that think they are great when they are in fact shit, there are great bands that think they are shit. This is age old and never been recognised as a problem until we all started chatting about it online.

This is a tired tired theme and everyone should 'move along please'.

If there is a problem what defines it?

Who does it affect?

Why does it affect them?

What do they, not we, they, do about it?

If you disagree the enlighten me/us...

oooooh. That's better :up:

The people who complain are always the people who sit back on their arse and do fuck all.

People like Jamesy, Shaz etc. and a lot of musicians are putting in the work to make the Aberdeen scene something to be proud of.

Speaking out's easy. Taking action seems to be the part that the moany bastards have a problem with.

That doesn't argue my point one bit, well done

non constructive posts with no point=idiocy

You have a point there I'll admit.........but nowhere else in your previous posts.

comment 1 - refer to twojoe's reply

comment 2 - don't rely solely on the GC Guide. They do a pretty good job but will miss some gigs if they are not confirmed or the gigs are booked after printing deadline. Refer to Cephalic Carnage's website for their tours if you like them so much,

comment 3 - totally irrelevant to the debate if there even is one.

You have a point there I'll admit.........but nowhere else in your previous posts.

comment 1 - refer to twojoe's reply

comment 2 - don't rely solely on the GC Guide. They do a pretty good job but will miss some gigs if they are not confirmed or the gigs are booked after printing deadline. Refer to Cephalic Carnage's website for their tours if you like them so much,

comment 3 - totally irrelevant to the debate if there even is one.

so do you think that ignorance on this board should be challenged?

i choose to condem it, to try and make this board a better place. The post on gc was flawed so i pointed this out, you also pointed it out. So why try and disagree with me when the original poster of this comment only mentioned gc?

Oh come on, you wanted a reaction on the avatar that you could get all indignant and self righteous about, you got one. Why else would I be calling you a mindless reactionary whiner right now?

Please tell me why so many idiots post non related comments on this thread?

This is mainly addressed to Rune and Stripey:

You have rather obscure tastes in music compared to the vast majority of people in the music community in Aberdeen (though i'm sure there are some cross dalliances by a few people here and there). Unfortunatley businesses, like music promotion, cater for the majority (rightly so) which leaves you, the minority, lacking in gigs etc that meet your musical needs. This means that you have to travel further afield to meet up in larger population densities with folks who are interested in the same musical genres than yourselves.

Now, if you two were really keen on convincing people that the music you listen to is new, bold, fresh (insert applicable tag here) then surely the most logical step is for you to bring that music to the general public, who in Aberdeen are actually quite receptive. Now any idiot can put on a gig but it takes someone who has a bit of passion to actually promote a gig and make people come along, see Shaz/Maxi/Jamesy for reference. Whats wrong with you guys getting your proverbial fingers out of your arses and drawing some of the acts YOU like to Aberdeen, putting them on and help to spread the word about the diversity and interest that is growing within the Aberdeen Music scene.

Rather than embracing the negative aspects of a scene where you feel like you're under-represented, why not increase the diversity of the Aberdeen scene by actually laying some foundations yourselves. I'm pig sick of hearing you two especially whinge on about 'shite music this, shite music that, blah blah blah'. Let actions speak louder than words and fight for what you want out of the scene by working with it rather than against it.

so do you think that ignorance on this board should be challenged?

i choose to condem it, to try and make this board a better place. The post on gc was flawed so i pointed this out, you also pointed it out. So why try and disagree with me when the original poster of this comment only mentioned gc?

The original poster of the comment didn't say check out GC guide for absolutely everything that is going on musically in Aberdeen, he was making a point that it is a good place to "see the diverse bands and music you can see in a month. There is a large list of Aberdeen bands on the site......". He was pointing out it is a good place to look for Aberdeen bands, relevant (if anything is) to this thread.

Are Cephalic Carnage even an Aberdeen band? If so I'm sure you'll catch them again. :up:

How frustrating. You're the kid who answers 'so what' to everything. if you don't want a reasonable debate thats fine.

If you actually knew what you were talking about you would realise that others caused the non related bullshit on this thread. Dont lay the blame on me when it is clear to see that you dont have a clue

i agree with him the problem isnt with the talent of the bands up here it's with all the bitchin and back biting between bands and the elitist bastards who feel they have some right to write off every band because they themselves don't like them.

And I assume you are basing that observation on the shit you read on this message board....?

another problem is that people tend only to stay at gigs untill their friends bands have played then they leave that is a major detraction from the scene, bands are pluggin away but the crowd dont really care about the music so aren't listening.

Sorry but this is an age old argument, if the band entertain then the punters will stay to watch, people going to a gig are not obliged to stay for the bands they dont like or have never heard of...bands have to earn the interest of the paying punters.

and to the idiot that said 10 threads out of however many doesnt indicate a large problem,

of course it does i doubt this entire website is made up of three or four topics which are the "real" problems.

I believe that Aberdeen has a healthy scene which is more to do with the facilities we have, its a lot better than many cities of comparible size.

This is mainly addressed to Rune and Stripey:

You have rather obscure tastes in music compared to the vast majority of people in the music community in Aberdeen (though i'm sure there are some cross dalliances by a few people here and there). Unfortunatley businesses, like music promotion, cater for the majority (rightly so) which leaves you, the minority, lacking in gigs etc that meet your musical needs. This means that you have to travel further afield to meet up in larger population densities with folks who are interested in the same musical genres than yourselves.

Now, if you two were really keen on convincing people that the music you listen to is new, bold, fresh (insert applicable tag here) then surely the most logical step is for you to bring that music to the general public, who in Aberdeen are actually quite receptive. Now any idiot can put on a gig but it takes someone who has a bit of passion to actually promote a gig and make people come along, see Shaz/Maxi/Jamesy for reference. Whats wrong with you guys getting your proverbial fingers out of your arses and drawing some of the acts YOU like to Aberdeen, putting them on and help to spread the word about the diversity and interest that is growing within the Aberdeen Music scene.

Rather than embracing the negative aspects of a scene where you feel like you're under-represented, why not increase the diversity of the Aberdeen scene by actually laying some foundations yourselves. I'm pig sick of hearing you two especially whinge on about 'shite music this, shite music that, blah blah blah'. Let actions speak louder than words and fight for what you want out of the scene by working with it rather than against it.

Constructive and good post :)

I am glad you can bring a constructive reply to this thread, thus proving their is intelligence on this board