aberdeen-music

How to deal with telesales..

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

Because I run a business I get about 5 call centre calls a day.

Today was a beauty.

Call centre- Can I speak to the owner of the business

Me- Yes that is myself

Call centre- Can I ask you a quick question regardin your insurance?

Me- No

Call Centre- Well if that is how you will act I will just not bother.

Me- Oh no! You wont harrass be?! My heart bleeds. Haha.

• 1 month later...

Seriously, the best way to handle telesales is to register with the TPS (telephone preference service). You can also register mobile phone numbers and business numbers. Then when they phone you can start asking them questions (name of company, name of person calling, address etc) instead of answering theirs. Then if they start being evasive tell them that you're registered with the TPS, they've broken the law by calling you without your permission and you need all this information to register your complaint.

Usually by this time they've passed me over to a manager (I never used to get to speak to these fuckers before) who starts making excuses about manual dialling and fat fingers, but it's too late and I've got no sympathy for them.

Once you've got all the info enter it into the TPS site and they'll investigate then pass the details onto the ICO for enforcement.

Seriously, the best way to handle telesales is to register with the TPS (telephone preference service). You can also register mobile phone numbers and business numbers. Then when they phone you can start asking them questions (name of company, name of person calling, address etc) instead of answering theirs. Then if they start being evasive tell them that you're registered with the TPS, they've broken the law by calling you without your permission and you need all this information to register your complaint.

I've been on the TPS since its inception & at best, all I can say is that it helps a bit. Problem is that the TPS just covers UK callers & overseas call-centres directly commissioned from the UK. Where the firm has used an overseas agent to commission an even further overseas call-centre, the TPS is usless.

The sort of firms who do this, are of course not the ones who are much concerned with customer service, honesty or any sort of professional conduct either & will generally not take any notice of an instruction to desist. Give them both barrells! :)

Usually by this time they've passed me over to a manager (I never used to get to speak to these fuckers before) who starts making excuses about manual dialling and fat fingers, but it's too late and I've got no sympathy for them.

Once you've got all the info enter it into the TPS site and they'll investigate then pass the details onto the ICO for enforcement.

TPS won't work. Well not against Space Kitchens.

The ammount of times when I worked that it was a TPS number and still Space is open for business.

There definately should be tighter restrictions.

We get about 3 or more calls a day from different places. Most occasions I say the owners aren't in and that Im still a little kid or I just simply hang up when they call my surname wrong or I can hear background chatter.

when i lived in a 13th floor tower block in torry, telesales used to regulary phone me up asking me if i'd like a free conservatory. it amused me explaining where i lived and i would love one if they could think of any way of actually putting it in the flat!

i found a simple 'fuck off please' usually sorts em out.