aberdeen-music

Emo.. Just what is it?

Benji

well, it certainly isn't any of this Panic! shite, or FFAF, Lostprophets and MCR screaming shite.

Some Emo bands (imo) are : - Gratitude, Dashboard Confessional, Far, Jimmy Eat World, Rival Schools, Jack's Mannequin and THE GET UP KIDS. all of those bands rule. much better than the screaming crap some people listen to these days.

And it isn't any of our local "emo/punk" bands either.

"Screaming shite"?

emo is a bit like a screaming toddler. if you leave it alone when it throws a tantrum, it learns that attention-seeking gets it nowhere in life. but if you spoil it and give it attention, it grows up and makes threads like this one.

Rofl..

I would rather be a Line Dancer than Emo... :down:

*sigh* the link again

www.fourfa.com

please close this thread someone

I didn't actually know the origins of "emo", nice one. Rites of spring, fugazi, dag nasty, minor threat are all bands I listen to and didn't know they would be mentioned in the same breath as "emo". I also listen to JEW and The Ataris (some stuff anyway, they seemed to get a bit pish latterly) which is what I always associated with "emo". It's just a stupid word though in my opinion and I like what I like irrespective of genre (I'm aware this isn't a new philiosophy I've just come up with).

Emo kid

aye, bands like 36 Crazyfists ect, that scream through most of the songs. dont like that, although i dont mind the odd shout, for instance in a nice TBS song or two...

OK...so are you one of these people that's gonna hear the screaming in my new band, for example, and think we sound like 36CF? And that it makes us "scene"? I don't think "screaming shite" is really one genre somehow.

I didn't actually know the origins of "emo", nice one. Rites of spring, fugazi, dag nasty, minor threat are all bands I listen to and didn't know they would be mentioned in the same breath as "emo".

There's also the likes of Shihad, Seaweed, Quicksand, Fireside and Understand. All referred to as 'emo' back in their day.