aberdeen-music

Ry Walker demo - free

Old Gold

I've recorded a decent quality 3 song demo, and I've got cd-rs of it to give away to good homes. It's all straight acoustic guitar, straight vocals, some whistling. Hope it goes down well.

Details on my myspace http://www.myspace.com/ryrywalker, complete with

one song off the record on the ever dodgy Myspace music player.

Feedback would be very much appreciated :love:

Ok ok, the songs up on http://www.purevolume.com/rywalker

The quality's not that good, but at least it's listenable.

Demo orders to the myspace address or just PM me here. Fucking internet.

EDIT: err... yet more problems with technology. Purevolume seems to be playing the song at half speed or something, making me sound like a sloth. Best just ask me for a demo, eh?

i quite liked it, although i think the player cut out on me before the end of the song

Dammit. Technology hates me. Thanks though :up:

Luckily Neil has chucked another song on the Aberdeen-Music jukebox. It's called Beach Hut, and the whole thing's definately there. Way more poppy than Road... but it's nice and chilled.

went to actually listen this time and not just comment on your surname, but i can't find any songs to listen to.

also, i have now realised who you are,hah :p

Yeaaah... I've had a lot of technical problems today. Not handy. Hopefully with Sam's advice, there should be a sample on Myspace as soon as it gets processed.

So who am I?

Why not be environmentally friendly and just put the whole demo online, instead of wasting stamps, envelopes, cd's, and peoples time?

Obviously you are gonna think any criticism coming from me is just narky spite, but try and take this seriously anyway, because I'm an honest man.

You're not a fantastic singer. The drifting between american and scottish accent is a bit unsettling, you should make your mind up and decide between one or the other. You are no poet with fantastically cerebral lyrics to convey either, going by the track on your myspace site, which is unfortunate, because if you actually had something to say and an eloquent way of putting it, I might be persuaded to forgive the bland, forgettable guitar strumming.

Why not be environmentally friendly and just put the whole demo online, instead of wasting stamps, envelopes, cd's, and peoples time?

Obviously you are gonna think any criticism coming from me is just narky spite, but try and take this seriously anyway, because I'm an honest man.

You're not a fantastic singer. The drifting between american and scottish accent is a bit unsettling, you should make your mind up and decide between one or the other. You are no poet with fantastically cerebral lyrics to convey either, going by the track on your myspace site, which is unfortunate, because if you actually had something to say and an eloquent way of putting it, I might be persuaded to forgive the bland, forgettable guitar strumming.

Get off the fence, eh? ;)

Cheers for the feedback though, seriously... at least you're being honest. I'll definately take the accent thing into account, although being a Scottish person with a lot of American musical influence does make for a bit of confusion. My lyrics aren't especially artistic because I simply don't like writing them like that. Far happier singing songs with a more narrative concept to avoid bordering on being pretencious.

As for the cd aspect, I feel that giving people a hard copy of the music is far more personal. I don't especially like the robotic aspect of Myspace, and I want people who are interested in my music to feel that I will take time to burn them a cd, pack it up and wander along to a postbox with it.

My only gripe with your post is the comment about time wasting. The only person's time it takes up is my own, and despite the late night cd burning sessions, I quite enjoy putting in the extra work.

Thanks for listening man.