aberdeen-music

eBay/PayPal Scam *** Warning ***

Diesel

With me 'scene people' eh? Oh please.

Next time you apparently 'overhear' scandal make sure you identify yourself so I can bid you a friendly good day.

Well they all look like 'scenies' as far as i'm concerned. If you're trying to tell me that MART isn't 'scene' then you're having a laugh. I'm sure MART will be able to point me out next time, he knows me from waaaaaaaaaaay back.

Me and the missus were walking home and she said: "there's Sam Beaton" and i said "christ!! What an arrogant little fucker, and no shit he's actually talking to Martin and that lot, haha"

I happened to catch a snippet of the conversation, and "that's gay" was the main part. No lies, just plain fact. You might've been using it in some sort of bizarre parody or something, who knows/cares, but you still said it.

And i'd rather you didn't bid me a friendly good day, you're not the sort of person i want to be seen associating with to be honest.

Well they all look like 'scenies' as far as i'm concerned

Which doesn't say much really.

I'm sure MART will be able to point me out next time, he knows me from waaaaaaaaaaay back.

Good for him?

Me and the missus were walking home and she said: "there's Sam Beaton" and i said "christ!! What an arrogant little fucker, and no shit he's actually talking to Martin and that lot, haha"

Well i'd rather talk to a 'scene lot' than someone like your fine self. And next time I see you i'll judge you on your friends as well.

I happened to catch a snippet of the conversation, and "that's gay" was the main part. No lies, just plain fact. You might've been using it in some sort of bizarre parody or something, who knows/cares, but you still said it.

Sheridan would be proud of this story. Elephant never forgets?

And i'd rather you didn't bid me a friendly good day, you're not the sort of person i want to be seen associating with to be honest

I couldn't really give a fuck who you want to be 'scene' with or not. 'scene with' get it, eh? eh? Now THATS a joke.

Which doesn't say much really.

Good for him?

Well i'd rather talk to a 'scene lot' than someone like your fine self. And next time I see you i'll judge you on your friends as well.

Sheridan would be proud of this story. Elephant never forgets?

I couldn't really give a fuck who you want to be 'scene' with or not. 'scene with' get it, eh? eh? Now THATS a joke.

What, because i know what a 'scene' kid looks like?

I don't have a problem with people who are 'scenie', i like quite a lot of them. I just think you're a wanker with a big mouth.

What's Tommy Sheridan got to do with the price of fish? I wish i'd had a tape recorder, i really do. If i had there would be an audio clip winging its way on here right now.

What's the problem with you having said it anyway, its not like its a bad thing. Being all coy and tippy-toe around homosexuality just sets it apart from everything else, which is stupid and ignorant because there's no reason to distinguish between hetero/homosexual. Both are 'people' after all. I don't have a problem with you having said it, do you?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And its not exactly Kosher to be joking about being homophobic is it?

But i'm sure he'd find it hilarious to be a Nazi eh? As long as he's just 'joking'.

Quit it, will you? It's this kind of prissy, precious, oh-so-easily-fucking-offended nonsense that gives the hard left a bad name. I support the same causes as you do, but I don't jump down people's throats when they say something "politically incorrect". I'm pretty anti-PC myself, I'm off to listen to "Soapfarm" by Rupture and I don't care if you or anyone else has a problem with it. No offence mate, but you really should lighten up, you're just alienating people.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And since when were my personal opinions the mantra of the left?

It's pretty much standard fare for the left, mate. I've lost count of the amount of people I've met with the same holier-than-thou stance, so much so I'm on the point of turning my back on it.

It's pretty much standard fare for the left, mate. I've lost count of the amount of people I've met with the same holier-than-thou stance, so much so I'm on the point of turning my back on it.

To be honest that's my problem with lefties too. I can't abide people who always think they're above everyone else. Sam is one of those people, or at least he comes across like that on here.

Coming from the person who was lecturing me on the SSP?

Yawn, yes. I wasn't being 'holier than thou' and saying you shouldn't be a member of the SSP. As far as i'm concerned folks can do what they like, i'm a very live and let live sort of person, but that doesn't mean i can't disagree with people on things and voice my opinion. I don't care whether other people think its right or wrong. Anyway, i'm a misanthropist i have an inherant distrust and hatred for most things.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Quit it, will you? It's this kind of prissy, precious, oh-so-easily-fucking-offended nonsense that gives the hard left a bad name. I support the same causes as you do, but I don't jump down people's throats when they say something "politically incorrect". I'm pretty anti-PC myself, I'm off to listen to "Soapfarm" by Rupture and I don't care if you or anyone else has a problem with it. No offence mate, but you really should lighten up, you're just alienating people.

I wish you could make a single post without referencing an obscure hardcore 7"

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Seeings as my other thread about ebay as a site being a total scam anyway got replied to with inane shit and then closed, i thought i'd post a little rant of my own!

I logged into ebay today to see if my mixer had been bid on, and to check the progress of another one i myself was bidding on. it didn't have a box or instructions, but it was going for only a pound! furthermore, there were mere hours left before the auction ended, which is a very exciting time for anybody involved in one. However, to my disgust and surprise, i got a message from ebay saying my account had been suspended because I hadn't paid my seller's fees for a couple of other items. "That's weird" I thought to myself, "They only sold a few days ago - I guess ebay's tightening things up on the item sale / seller fee payment period". So, I paid my fees and logged back into ebay, only to be told that my account had been terminated for 'violation of ebay policies'. Thanks a bunch you money grabbing cunts - first you charge me to recieve money through the shitty paypal service that you yourselves own, then you charge me for the means of being paid it in the first place, and not only that, but somewhere along the line you decide to terminate my account for an unexplained, generic crime and wait until you've sucked every penny out of my wallet before letting me know. I got charged to list a microphone, then charged a percentage of the final fee that it went for, and now I can't even get the money for it. If people are worried about ebay related scams, they should do a bit of research into the 'fun 'involved in what is considered legitimate ebay business. The end.

Seeings as my other thread about ebay as a site being a total scam anyway got replied to with inane shit and then closed, i thought i'd post a little rant of my own!

I logged into ebay today to see if my mixer had been bid on, and to check the progress of another one i myself was bidding on. it didn't have a box or instructions, but it was going for only a pound! furthermore, there were mere hours left before the auction ended, which is a very exciting time for anybody involved in one. However, to my disgust and surprise, i got a message from ebay saying my account had been suspended because I hadn't paid my seller's fees for a couple of other items. "That's weird" I thought to myself, "They only sold a few days ago - I guess ebay's tightening things up on the item sale / seller fee payment period". So, I paid my fees and logged back into ebay, only to be told that my account had been terminated for 'violation of ebay policies'. Thanks a bunch you money grabbing cunts - first you charge me to recieve money through the shitty paypal service that you yourselves own, then you charge me for the means of being paid it in the first place, and not only that, but somewhere along the line you decide to terminate my account for an unexplained, generic crime and wait until you've sucked every penny out of my wallet before letting me know. I got charged to list a microphone, then charged a percentage of the final fee that it went for, and now I can't even get the money for it. If people are worried about ebay related scams, they should do a bit of research into the 'fun 'involved in what is considered legitimate ebay business. The end.

if that was me i would be calling them up and kicking up the biggest fuss ever. ebay are totally crap for suspending accounts without warning, but to terminate, thats even worse. i knew a girl that was selling a rainbow brite bag on there, and she put "rainbow brite" in the description and got all her listings taken down and got suspended. when she went to find out why they said that you weren't allowed celebrities names in auction titles.

ehhh...

Apologies, that was my fault. I thought you were taking the piss of this thread so I just joined in. You should have gone for your rant from the off.

I would kick up maximum fuss about that but it often falls on deaf ears. I've had a few unsavoury dealings with ebay but they either don't have the staff to deal with it or as you say are just money grabbing cunts.....

Apologies, that was my fault. I thought you were taking the piss of this thread so I just joined in. You should have gone for your rant from the off.

I would kick up maximum fuss about that but it often falls on deaf ears. I've had a few unsavoury dealings with ebay but they either don't have the staff to deal with it or as you say are just money grabbing cunts.....

I can only speak from my personal experience, but the best way I've found to get help on Ebay is to use an online chat with one of their customer service reps.....if the ebay.co.uk chat is closed (it only runs during daytime hours), use the ebay.com one which is run in the states.

I had problems with unauthorized listings recently, and I only noticed the problem late at night and didnt want to wait til morning to get it sorted with a Ebay UK rep. After a quick online chat, one of the support people phoned me from the US, and it was all sorted out pretty swiftly.

Dunno if this is how you've all been trying to handle your issues anyway, but thought i'd pass it on anyhow just in case.