aberdeen-music

eBay/PayPal Scam *** Warning ***

Diesel

All,

I've just received this email from PayPal...

Dear xxxxxx@xxxx.com ,

This email confirms that you, xxxxxx@xxx.com , have paid rson2@ku.edu 45.95 GBP using PayPal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Purchased From:154chichi

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal

130036362988 NWT FOREVER 21 STRAPLESS BROWN/PINK SALSA DRESS S 1 36.00 GBP 36.00 GBP

Shipping & Handling:

(includes any seller handling fees) 6.95 GBP

Shipping Insurance (not offered): --

Total: 45.95 GBP

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge ,click the link below to dispute transaction and get full refund

...there was a link at the bottom of the page that took me to a "PayPal" screen with a proforma for inputting ALL my personal & bank details.

Well, Ma Diesel didn't raise no dumb kids, so I went into my actual PayPal account and there was no such transaction.

Why would Paypal want information that they already have (and why would a homophobe want to buy a Strapless Brown/Pink Salasa Dress anyway???)

BEWARE

Ps - I HATE scamming cunts :down:

It's not a new thing, been getting similar emails from eBay impersonators for donkey's. Bloody annoying things.

If you can be arsed you can forward them to spoof@ebay.com (I daresay there's a similar thing on paypal) but I doubt they're really able to do anything about them.

Ta - thankfully that's the first time that's happened to me, but it's most annoying. I just hope some poor bugger doesn't get caught out.

Guest bluesxman

My E Bay account got infiltrated recently, 75 listings for Luis Vuitton handbags suddenly appeared, my account got shut down for copyright abuse and I had 75 quid of listing fees appear. After going through and having to close all the listings individually and sending messages to the people who had bought one saying I couldn't supply it, E Bay sent me a note saying they had closed all the listings and my account was suspended, pfft. :swearing: The listing fees got cancelled and my account was down for a couple days, but there's no way for them to get to banking details and so on as they are kept independent from your account thankfully.

The only way I could figure it had happened was that I received an invoice e-mail from E Bay for something I hadn't bought to which I stupidly answered when I was half asleep, they somehow got access to my E Bay account through that.

So never ever answer anything from E Bay in connection with something you know you haven't bought. :up:

My E Bay account got infiltrated recently, 75 listings for Luis Vuitton handbags suddenly appeared, my account got shut down for copyright abuse and I had 75 quid of listing fees appear. After going through and having to close all the listings individually and sending messages to the people who had bought one saying I couldn't supply it, E Bay sent me a note saying they had closed all the listings and my account was suspended, pfft. :swearing: The listing fees got cancelled and my account was down for a couple days, but there's no way for them to get to banking details and so on as they are kept independent from your account thankfully.

The only way I could figure it had happened was that I received an invoice e-mail from E Bay for something I hadn't bought to which I stupidly answered when I was half asleep, they somehow got access to my E Bay account through that.

So never ever answer anything from E Bay in connection with something you know you haven't bought. :up:

Glad it's not just me.

I had 50 unauthorized listings on my account for Chanel handbags and sunglasses a couple of weeks ago. Had to cancel every auction individually, but before i was finished some poor sod in the US managed to buy one of the handbags, and pay the scammer via Paypal. Fingers crossed they got their money back.

After much dicking about with one of Ebay's customer care folks, who much to my surprise was actually very helpful, I got all the sellers fees cancelled. Bit worrying that this kind of thing seems quite common, especially since i've never divulged my passwords to anyone, never use ebay on a public computer etc. Ebay's security seems a bit too easy to circumvent IMO.

Guest bluesxman
Glad it's not just me.

I had 50 unauthorized listings on my account for Chanel handbags and sunglasses a couple of weeks ago. Had to cancel every auction individually, but before i was finished some poor sod in the US managed to buy one of the handbags, and pay the scammer via Paypal. Fingers crossed they got their money back.

After much dicking about with one of Ebay's customer care folks, who much to my surprise was actually very helpful, I got all the sellers fees cancelled. Bit worrying that this kind of thing seems quite common, especially since i've never divulged my passwords to anyone, never use ebay on a public computer etc. Ebay's security seems a bit too easy to circumvent IMO.

I had one woman who had paid via Paypal expecting me to refund her, my explanation of the fact I hadn't actually received the money fell on deaf ears and I got lots of 'I trusted you and bought in good faith and now you are ripping me off' etc. I kept advising her that I was also out of pocket and to contact E Bay about it, presumably she managed to get a satisfactory result as I've never heard back.

I actually received another similar e-mail last week, needless to say I won't be carrying out any communications without logging onto E Bay and messaging via the links on the site....

You think i'd want to?

I'm sure when i was walking past you, MART and several of your other scenie chums outside One-Up last week i heard you say "that's gay" in reference to something being rubbish. You might want to start not using phrasing like that if you want to get all 'high-horsey' with other folks ;)

I'm sure when i was walking past you, MART and several of your other scenie chums outside One-Up last week i heard you say "that's gay" in reference to something being rubbish. You might want to start not using phrasing like that if you want to get all 'high-horsey' with other folks ;)

OH but i'm sure that was light hearted and not meant to cause offense at all, unlike the phrasing in this thread.

oh wait...