aberdeen-music

Genesis are back....

PaulDW

Genesis were a cunt load more successful with Collins as frontman than with Gabriel, and the songs were miles better too.

Poppycock! As much as I would confess that Trick Of The Tail is my Genesis album of choice (and that was only because Hackett was still writing the best songs, see 'Ripples'), I'd much rather watch Gabriel on stage belting out stuff from Foxtrot/Selling England By The Pound and suchlike, with Collins as far back on the stage as possible.

Remember:

6-picture1.jpg

Poppycock! As much as I would confess that Trick Of The Tail is my Genesis album of choice (and that was only because Hackett was still writing the best songs, see 'Ripples'), I'd much rather watch Gabriel on stage belting out stuff from Foxtrot/Selling England By The Pound and suchlike, with Collins as far back on the stage as possible.

Remember:

6-picture1.jpg

ah yes must watch me brass eye dvd!

Guest bluesxman

FOPP have loads of Genesis CD's for 3 quid a pop at the top of the stairs for those in the 'I like Genesis' camp. Looked to be from all era's by my limited knowledge.

I however plumped for the 'Children Of Nuggets' box set for a very generous 25 quid.

• 4 weeks later...
FOPP have loads of Genesis CD's for 3 quid a pop at the top of the stairs for those in the 'I like Genesis' camp. Looked to be from all era's by my limited knowledge.

I however plumped for the 'Children Of Nuggets' box set for a very generous 25 quid.

If you had bought Genesis albums and enjoyed them, I doubt I could ever have spoken to you again...

Anyone know if there's a Glasgow date on the cards? I thought i saw something while i was in the SECC last week, but i notice there's only Manchester and London dates confirmed. I WILL travel to Manchester if need be, but obviously i'd much rather go to a Glasgow date.

:up:

As far as I know only Manchester and London, there may be another tour in 2008 (rumour has it with Gabriel, but we've all heard that before). The SECC would be considerably smaller than anywhere else they're doing, it'd be far more likely to be Ibrox or Hampden.

Cheers

Stuart

I'm sick of this reunion already. The forum's all full of touts and people bitching about touts, and "lol im nu iv alwes luvd invisabl tuche, so gr8 dey reformin lol hus ptr gabrel?" and I keep getting told that I should go despite that fact that I don't partik' like 3-man Genesis "u SHD GO JUS COS IT JENASIS!" Gah!!! I'd go if someone bought me a ticket, like. Alkaline, your avatar is ace.

'Children Of Nuggets' box set.

Ooohh!!! :up:

As far as I know only Manchester and London, there may be another tour in 2008 (rumour has it with Gabriel, but we've all heard that before). The SECC would be considerably smaller than anywhere else they're doing, it'd be far more likely to be Ibrox or Hampden.

Cheers

Stuart

Thats what i thought, but SECC definately had some sort of Genesis related stuff up *shrugs* i was ushered past it at a phenomenal rate by the missus though so i didn't get a proper butchers. :(

I think i heard an interview with someone on the radio saying that 50% of their set on this tour would be their commercial stuff. . . Take from that what you will

I'd love to hear the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway album live. I simply must see it performed in my life time!

I'd say the Musical Box band is the best performance of that there is (although they have already done it for the last time), better than the original band getting together for it.. are you going to see the Selling England tour next year? :)

I'd say the Musical Box band is the best performance of that there is (although they have already done it for the last time), better than the original band getting together for it.. are you going to see the Selling England tour next year? :)

I would guess thats what Alkaline saw at the SECC, a musical box posteras I think they played there last time :)

Cheers

Stuart

I saw part of a show by "the musical box" in the states a couple of years ago and found it quite wierd, the whole show was an exact performance of the original gig including the comments and introductions that Gabriel used.....it was more like a theatrical performance than a gig, very strange.