aberdeen-music

What can I carry on a plane as hand luggage?

Hog

Hi,

Just a quick question, Im flying with KLM tomorrow and want to take my laptop (in its case) and also a plastic carrier bag as handluggage is that within the weight requirements? I know the rules have been different recently.

Thanks

Hog:up:

Your laptop will be OK.

You might have to switch it on for the secutrity gadgies tho.

Be careful what you take on your placcy bag - no toothpaste, spointy things, skin/hair products etc.

Fly safely.

I was ok taking a schoolbag on a flight. Everything except liquids should be fine except to america where there are a few more restrictions.

If flying to somewhere like spain, greece or portugal the restrictions on the way back arent as harsh eg: no taking shoes off to put through scanner

Guest Tam o' Shantie

am I the only guy around here who would rather phone aberdeen airport than pose the question to a bunch of anonymous retards on a message board?

what are you gonna do if something that has been OKed here arouses suspicion? "sorry sir, I was assured by a faceless poster on a local music forum that it'd be OK!"

am I the only guy around here who would rather phone aberdeen airport than pose the question to a bunch of anonymous retards on a message board?

Because sometimes, what the official on the phone will tell you is quite different from what the folk on the desks are actually applying on the day. It can be better to hear from those who might have travelled recently.

Got caught more than a few times with this when arranging the import of strange things for work! :swearing:

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I got all the info I needed from my brother... he works for BAA security so kinda knows what he's talking about.

Holy shit...you're kidding?! G works in airport security!!!!!? Wow sharon, cheers for letting me know! Cos I had no idea. You know, that he worked in airport security. Any other juicy secrets you'd like to reveal to me about him, does he have a girlfriend or anything?

What about duty free stuff? Are you ok to take that on board, cos i was wanting to get perfume and thats a liquid.

Actually, is everything bought after the security checks allowed? Was wondering if i could buy deodorant etc in the airport and take that with me, i know i can't get it past security and can't put it in my hold luggagge.

What about duty free stuff? Are you ok to take that on board, cos i was wanting to get perfume and thats a liquid.

Actually, is everything bought after the security checks allowed? Was wondering if i could buy deodorant etc in the airport and take that with me, i know i can't get it past security and can't put it in my hold luggagge.

yes its fine - obviously

you just need to read the rules before you fly, ryan air e mailed with a detailed explanation of the do's and don'ts before i recently took to the sky....

the no cigarette lighter thing pissed me off especially as there was a bar with a designated smoking area at stansted airport, had to buy cigarettes and a lighter at an inflated price from WH Smiths!

what are you gonna do if something that has been OKed here arouses suspicion? "sorry sir, I was assured by a faceless poster on a local music forum that it'd be OK!"

Because I did not get an answer from KLM helpdesk.

I wish there was a sarcastic "clap your hands and lick your elbow" smiley

Guest Jake Wifebeater

So you've already said about 5 fucking times, whenever someone asks for a bit of advice on here. Wrap it.

Oh aye, another thing. Medication.

I was once asked for a doctors note to prove I was not a dodger with a bunch of needles in my bag. I haven't been to the doctors in about three years and I have never been asked for one before, so obviously I didn't have one. The bastards then attempted to take what could be, though in fairness probably is not, life-saving equipment away from me and leave me to die.