aberdeen-music

"local band"

Guest alex.

Guest Scorge Spike

Maiden Taiwan's existence is questionable. Decadence is dead and thus removed because I canned it in favour of something else.

That is all.

shape/shift is nothing and everything, in a sense..it's not a 'band' in the real sense, but rather it's just conceptual bollocks that won't likely ever be released because it's not intended in that sense. Things may get released, but the vocals are piss poor for a start..long, long story, and it sounds pathetic so i'm not explaining it - but basically, it's more of a 'ah, this is how a band works' - i don't think any of the stuff will ever see the light of day, so yeah, you can safely say that it doesn't exist outside of a collective name for some people who piss around with musical stuff occasionally. it's essentially as rubbish as it gets - none of us have the talent to play live, and being brutally honest, i don't want to either because of my tendacy to get the worst headaches ever - pulling out of gigs because 'oh no, a headache has came on' would be utterly pathetic. There's far more deserving people out there who would deserve a shot, I'm only doing it to gain some understanding as to how the various bits work.

as for the name - it's twofold, the music attempts to sound like metallica after listening to nightwish(with keyboards), hence the reference..and it also refers to the countless fucking around with the music, hence the shape of the sound is being shifted by the amendments :)

edit : hopefully, something will come out of it all, i just don't have the talent to be able to play keyboards live and not fuck it up, and my bass playing is baaaaad..even though it's all piss easy stuff :(

sadly all of the members of 'Teh Cawntry Bloos' died in a obscure fishing incident. though i survived. so HAHA! fuckers.

and i can backup Bass Monkey when he says that 'Five Finger Discount' are real as they are real. i have the bootlegs to prove. or i will soon.

Originally posted by =ShaunF=:

sadly all of the members of 'Teh Cawntry Bloos' died in a obscure fishing incident. though i survived. so HAHA! fuckers.

and i can backup Bass Monkey when he says that 'Five Finger Discount' are real as they are real. i have the bootlegs to prove. or i will soon.

i'm joking again! Teh Cawntry Bloos are fighting fit. even more so now that we have an organ player! fuck yeh.

and yes you're right 'Five Finger Discount' is just a nasty joke thought up by the evil mind of Bass Monkey. tell them Scott. before this goes too far!

Guest Scott 5FD

we're not a 'nasty joke'.

we're hoping to play a gig in the 3rd week of June, with a ten song set (8 originals, 2 covers).

Me and Ruari (we both started the band) have put nearly a year's worth of time and effort into the band, we've went through countless drummer's, re-wrote song after song, put up with taking shit from people who didn't have the same commitment as us and then some guy on a message board brands us a 'nasty joke'.

you don't know the half of it Shaun, as Aerosmith said, we'll let the music do the talking.

as i said before. i'm only joking and i love you really. i know the score with 5FD. they should rock the boat. and anybody who thinks they are a fake band is wrong. as Scott has been ranting on about them for quite a while now. in a good way though.

and your gig seems to be close to my birthday. be sure to dedicate a song to me.

:cheers: