aberdeen-music

Goodbye and thanks to Spike.

Hog

Yep, I have left Spike Pile Driver. Just going to be playing in Element. Spike are carrying on and I wish Jake and Scorge all the best, it has been awesome.

Some fun moments-

Del's "Noise vs Electronica" gig

Our gig in Elgin.

The banter between that weegie women and Jake in Drakes

The gigs where our banter touched a nerve and people walked out

The fashioncore trilogy

The song which had vocals by Jake, myself and Thurisaz.

Being one of Jan Ag's fave bands

Me getting drunk at a Moorings gig and shouting abuse at 5 finger discount/everyone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left because I have more interest in playing Metal/Ambient/other stuff which doesn't exactly suit Spike. The guys deserve a guitarist who can give 100%. I do have an active interest in Noise/grind, just not at Jake's level.

Kirk left quite a while ago.

Im now just in Element although I might dig out the acoustic for a solo project..should give you something to laugh at Maxi.:up:

The gigs where our banter touched a nerve and people walked out

The emo trilogy

The song which had vocals by Jake' date=' myself and Thurisaz.

Me getting drunk at a Moorings gig and shouting abuse at 5 finger discount/everyone.[/quote']

can you expand a little on these epidsodes please? i missed most of spikes gig, mostly due to a lack of knowledge of their existence.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
can you expand a little on these epidsodes please? i missed most of spikes gig' date=' mostly due to a lack of knowledge of their existence.[/quote']

I can't really expand on much of it, even I have trouble recalling most of it due to too much cider to calm the nerves.

Guest Mr Blastcap

sad tidings indeed.

i liked the high pitched scream on "emo" that you did hog...but more solo stuff is a boon- you doing that at mutilation audio, or recording yourself this time?

i'd very much like to play guitar in spike, but i dont have a spikey rock guitar...shame ....it would'nt look right with a cheap peavey held together with masking tape or a battered jazzmaster. ach well.

hope spike keeps going, i'm holding you cunts to the wedding reception gig. my mum would love ya.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i'd very much like to play guitar in spike' date=' but i dont have a spikey rock guitar...shame ....it would'nt look right with a cheap peavey held together with masking tape or a battered jazzmaster. ach well.

hope spike keeps going, i'm holding you cunts to the wedding reception gig. my mum would love ya.[/quote']

You obviously never saw an SPD gig where Baldy used the "Piss Block" guitar. If you're serious about joining, we'll certainly consider it. Didn't know you played guitar.

Either way, we'll keep going and would be happy to play your wedding.