aberdeen-music

Carcass Compilation finally gets released \m/ \m/

Mordred

FUCKING AAAAACE!

Even though I'm not really a fan of 'reek' or 'symphonies' it will be pretty cool to have a best of Carcass album - especially as they were my favourite Death metal band of all time - even though they weren't exactly what everyone would call 'death metal'...

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

FUCKING AAAAACE!

Even though I'm not really a fan of 'reek' or 'symphonies' it will be pretty cool to have a best of Carcass album - especially as they were my favourite Death metal band of all time - even though they weren't exactly what everyone would call 'death metal'...

Death Metal Straight to the bone !!!!!

well maybe we will ignore swansong :angel:

the swansong stuff was ace Ben - you'd love it.

like I said, megadeth meets COC done in the carcass fashion.

Although apparently 'real' carcass fans aren't allowed to like "Swansong"

Bollocks Dan

i never said anything about not liking swansong all i was trying to say was that is isn't much compared to earlier stuff al a Reef Of Putrefaction and Heartwork

Heartwork - to classy to be classed as death metal .... fit pretty much a slightly more technical version of necrotisicm with a hellova lot better recording and production

Although apparently 'real' carcass fans aren't allowed to like "Swansong"

You either like something or you dont, i feel the same way about about later Megadeth (1990 onwards) as i do about later Carcass ( after Heartwork).

What i liked about the band to start with wasn't there anymore :swearing:

Its got fuck all to do with being a real Carcass fan or not :swearing:

...and Ben if you liked Heartwork the following album ( Swansong i believe :) ) is probably for you as is Necroticim the album before.

The first two albums are in the early Napalm Death way of things.

Guest highroller

ok...someone go list the albums for me...i own one one on vinyl which ive never listened to...its got the picture of the operating table with them all pulling horrible faces under clingfilm...would that fetch any money...also i own the heartwork single on cd...would that be worth anything cos carcass stuff cant be that easy to come by huh..?

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

ok...someone go list the albums for me...i own one one on vinyl which ive never listened to...its got the picture of the operating table with them all pulling horrible faces under clingfilm...would that fetch any money...also i own the heartwork single on cd...would that be worth anything cos carcass stuff cant be that easy to come by huh..?

CarcassReekOf_Gore_CD.jpg

Reek of Putrefaction

CarcassSymphoniesOf_Gore_CD.jpg

Symphonies of Sickness

CarcassDescanting.jpg

Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious

+ 1 other studio album :moody:

HEY!! Dechristianise and Mordred, I wasn't referring to you two in my 'real carcass' fan comment, I was meaning the slandering of the album that the critics gave and still give it which I think is unfair - because if an other band had made that record it would have been hailed as being amazing.

I would have quoted you if I was meaning you guys... :dunce:

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

i never said anything about not liking swansong

and I never said that you did!

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Heartwork - to classy to be classed as death metal .... fit pretty much a slightly more technical version of necrotisicm with a hellova lot better recording and production

What I meant by that, is labelling heartwork as simply 'death metal' is unjust - as that album is just an awesome metal record - but with extreme vocals. Not only is the production so much superior but they introduced melody, musicianship of a high degree and harmonies straigh from a maiden record but in a fresh way. That album is a masterpiece in it's own right, not just a good death metal record.

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

...then heartwork then swansong yeah?

I had heartwork the album...it was great...justin from risac stole it from me years ago...

There's me trying to be clever and forgetting Heartwork :O

It should have been Heartwork + 1 other studio Album.

There is a B'sides odds and sods compilation too called Wake Up and Smell the Carcass which is culled from the last three albums.

As well as Nocturno Culto and Fenriz from Darkthrone, Jeff Walker has heard the black metal band I recorded with in Abu Dhabi, Barzakh (who, incidentally, are having a rehersal tape pressed and released by a label in America. Even though I am the vocalist on the fuckign thing, I was the last to know about this.)

Originally posted by thurisaz:

As well as Nocturno Culto and Fenriz from Darkthrone, Jeff Walker has heard the black metal band I recorded with in Abu Dhabi, Barzakh (who, incidentally, are having a rehersal tape pressed and released by a label in America. Even though I am the vocalist on the fuckign thing, I was the last to know about this.)

I notice theres no mention of them liking your Abu Dhabi band Thurisaz :angel: