aberdeen-music

Seagull Attack!

How about I take you outside and plug a high pressure CO2 cylinder into your arse. That would be much funnier... and I have access to all the necessary equipment.

But seriously' date=' if I catch anyone being cruel to animals then I will beat the living crap out of them.[/quote']

what about cruelty to humans!!!!! what have we done to sea gulls!!!!!! you should be beating the living crap out of sea gulls for being cruel to you own species!!!!!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of seagull attacks

one of the members of the band that played at the tunnels last night walked out a kebab shop on market st. with 2 chicken burgers.. seagull flew down, grabbed one out his hand and flew off with it.. :]

a seagull followed me down the road one time - i was eating a yummy caramel slice from the bakery at the time you see - it was jumping from car to car and running over the roofs.. i turned to shoo it away and almost got hit by a truck.. i think it was trying to kill me for my baked goods.. very sinister if you ask me..

I phoned the R.S.P.C.A one time as my mate caught a baby seagull..it fell from my roof..We boxed it and fed it tinned catfood (got that off the net)...Waited 3hours for the R.S.P.C.A to arrive thinking they would take it away and let it loose in a countrylane......NO SHE snapped its neck infront of us and told us if we found anymore we were not to call the R.S.P.C.A but to either ignore them or simply kill them...

And as for your taking me out back why a high pressure CO2 cycliner who mentioned sticking anything up the seagulls arse........That you fantasing again?

I am an animal lover tbh, but if any animal/mammal/man attacks me a swift boot to the baws will be enabled..

Seagulls SEAGULLS min are we out at fucking sea? no ..This is our land....FREEEDUM

what have we done to sea gulls!!!!!!

The herring gull was here long before us. It evolved to live near the sea and eat fish. These birds are (if you bother to take a good long look at one) beautiful creatures, and they are also exceptionally intelligent, probably at least as smart as a dog.

Then we came along and started catching ALL the fish. So the birds were forced (they did NOT have a say in the matter), to follow our boats and forage for scrap, mostly the heads, guts, tails, and any rotten bits that we wouldn't even put in fish fingers.

Then eventually we had caught ALL the fish, and the boats were all scrapped as the economy moved on to oil, the next unreplacable natural resource. So now there were no fish; no heads, tails, and guts; and not even any rotten pieces of fish left to scrape off of Palmerston Road. So out of desperation and the need to survive these magestic birds were left with no option but to raid our bins for waste and scraps. Incredibley, a creature that had evolved over millions of years to live off the sea somehow managed to adapt in the space of only 10 years!!! This was no mean feat. Imagine what would happen to us if our main source of food was suddenly removed...

So in order to prevent this, after all it they were making a mess, we introduced wheelie bins. so now they birds cannot even access our waste to live on. So in order to survive they have been forced to steal, mug, attack, and live off the waste the drunks leave behind on a weekend night.

So now we send people out to cull them.

Right now seagulls are raising their young, which is why they are being more agressive than usual, they are just trying to scare you away. Although the birds appear physically large, like all birds they don't weigh very much, only some where in the region of a kilo, which is about 1/50th of your weight. A seagull attacking you is akin to you attacking an elephant. That takes bottle.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2090-1543628,00.html

Antisocial behaviour orders (Asbos) would be imposed on “persistent offenders” who insist on feeding the scavengers. Breaches of the orders would be punished with a fine or a jail sentence

Oh aye beatiful burds

Feed these beautiful birds and be jailed lol :)

Aberdeen has a population of 7,000 birds, Edinburgh has about 2,000 and Glasgow 3,000. There are also established colonies in the central belt, including Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Alloa, East Kilbride and Cumbernauld. Across Britain, experts predict that the gull population could reach 1.5m in the next 10 years — seven times its present level.

So the birds were forced to follow our boats and forage for scrap' date=' mostly the heads, guts, tails, and any rotten bits that we wouldn't even put in fish fingers.[/quote']

Bet McDonalds would still use them.

A seagull attacking you is akin to you attacking an elephant.

...if you could fly away after stealing the elephant`s baked goods an` chips..

LOL no they were not here 1st

Seagull now live among humans as its easier for them to feed and raise there young than out at sea

FACT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1435360.stm

I mean cmon people lets not all jump on the "lets save the fucking seagull" band wagon untill you have heard proper proof..

I mean "they were hear 1st" ffs LOL read that again outloud to yourselfs will you...........

Also pleeeeeeease "we killed all the fish so now they live on land"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA was that an off the cuff remark or you guys being seriuos.....

There scavengers not bloody eagles.....gulls ahve never been preditor to any animal....They scavenge not hunt.....

Did you know that a seagull's coloring changes with the season from white to gray or black.

Also, seagulls eat bugs n worms - theres plenty of them about so why won't they leave my chip the **** alone!

LOL no they were not here 1st

Does that mean we were then.....?

There scavengers not bloody eagles.....gulls ahve never been preditor to any animal....They scavenge not hunt.....

Try telling that to a worm.

lol kk lester what ever you say.I mean if your b/f pappy said it ..

How did we kill all there feeding grounds....they used to reside in cliff tops and the like?..did man go about demolishing all the cliff tops? no

Like most other things they followed humans...So what your saying is we shouldnt progress with life we should hold back incase we are harming the gulls....Thats why they must be attacking us now is it..Revenge?

Cmon there not like there a species of bird that brings anything to our communties

There droppings are highly dangerous

Nesting gulls are dangerous

There called scavengers for a reason

Try treating our homeless human scavengers before you save the damn gulls

Well sorry to damper your moment with your gulls..But i actually know what im talking about as 5to6 years ago my company was contacted about the netting aberdeen now uses to catch these birds (the netting is spread out over rooftops to stop them nesting and to entangle them)

There caught and starve to death

There caught and are trapped and thrap about killing themselfs

There caught and just left to die

Now does this sound like actions are council or animal protection units would allow to happen if these were simple but beautiful beasts

Altens

They use a noise that gets pumped out a speaker system......This is a sound that gulls and OTHER birds do not like......Now they sacrifice not having certain birds just to stop the seagulls (does this sound like actions are council or animal protection units)

At the end of the day you dont me i dont know you so neither know how much info each other have on these matters...

Lets not start a rally here eh, there vermin..Scavengers...ultimatly we know what happens to scavengers.......

Ok i wont get involved in a debate here but again how did we kill there feeding grounds when we are and always have been there feeding grounds...You mean we mooved there feeding grounds..

Aberdeen City Council as a whole are a joke? How so?..Aberdeen isnt a bad place or run badly ..If you think so why live here?

Try living in real shit hole places where there councils really dont give a fuck.....Aberdeen has one of the best councils in scotland..........And thats not my opion thats just the way it is......

Try living in real shit hole places where there councils really dont give a fuck.....Aberdeen has one of the best councils in scotland..........And thats not my opion thats just the way it is......

They may be amongst the best of a bad bunch but that is no sort of commendation for them.

As an ex-employee, I've got more than enough jaw-dropping stories of complete & utter incompetence, impotence & avoidance of doing their duty - as well as many tales of high-handed intervention & quite unwarranted interference in areas where they had no duty or legal responsability/basis to act.

[Aberdeen has a population of 7' date='000 birds, Edinburgh has about 2,000 and Glasgow 3,000. There are also established colonies in the central belt, including Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Alloa, East Kilbride and Cumbernauld. Across Britain, experts predict that the gull population could reach 1.5m in the next 10 years — seven times its present level.[/i']

7000? I'd hazzard a guess that that might be a significant underestimate, or mabye an estimate of only one of the species classed as "seagulls". Not that long ago, the JNCC was reporting colonies of up to @10,000 Black-back Gulls alone in this part of the world.

OH, & Aberdeen is the one place in the UK to buck the overall decline in seabird numbers - instead we have seen a considerable rise in recent years.

Gull feedign grounds - We destroyed their feeding grounds through over-fishing thus making it

As well as that - which is to some degree reversable as fish stocks replenish, we have also created a whole lot of attractive roost sites (eg, B&Q at Garthdee, almost every heated flat-roofed building in town) & access to new & easier food sources - ie our waste. Ooen rubbish tips, binbags & food strewn all over the place has made it very attractive for them to come onshore & inland. Even in my own lifetime, I can remember times when you would hardly see a gull much more than a few miles away from the coast.

quite frankly you're tempting them by having your food out in an exposed area.

:D that comment made me laugh out loud. i'm gonna eat my food out of a brown paper bag like an alcoholic does with his booze, just in case i offend any birds and bring their vengeance on myself!

/x