aberdeen-music

Something has ripped the soul out of the Aberdeen Music Forum

GraemeC

I used to love coming on here to read threads about race....politics....religion, read peoples views on local bands they thought just didn't come up to scratch...hear how an individual band member had become farrrrrr too big for his boots and how if you came from westhill or cults you didn't have the blues and were just spoiled wannabees....

Now the most exciting threads are about fucking jaffa cakes or someone linking to some metal pish on youtube......

Come on kids....get angry....get hormonal and fight for what you believe...:swearing:

Guest Bob Double Jack
I used to love coming on here to read threads about race....politics....religion' date=' read peoples views on local bands they thought just didn't come up to scratch...hear how an individual band member had become farrrrrr too big for his boots and how if you came from westhill or cults you didn't have the blues and were just spoiled wannabees....

Now the most exciting threads are about fucking jaffa cakes or someone linking to some metal pish on youtube......

Come on kids....get angry....get hormonal and fight for what you believe...:swearing:[/quote']

i too remember those days, funny as fuck some of the nonsense that was posted. "my mates band is better than your band cos the singerr sang a tune with a showlace missing and a synth track and won battle of the bands fix fix fix!" etcetcetc:gringo:

Guest Tam o' Shantie
i blame the tightened moderation and rules.

I agree completely - this place is becoming utterly totalitarian to the point where I have actually been banned for the smallest offences.

I used to love coming on here to read threads about race....politics....religion' date=' read peoples views on local bands they thought just didn't come up to scratch...hear how an individual band member had become farrrrrr too big for his boots and how if you came from westhill or cults you didn't have the blues and were just spoiled wannabees....

Come on kids....get angry....get hormonal and fight for what you believe...:swearing:[/quote']

What you talking about, old man?

The jaffa cakes thread was quality.

but i do agree with the moderation rules, it has become too much of a dictatorship.

But you realise the rules have become stricter due to more of YOU (the regular members) complaining about thread content.

You have nobody but yourselves to blame. :p

well...i've never been complaining about threads. i might have had my opinions along the lines of "this thread sucks, go die."...but i've never called for censorship...

i cant see how any of you can say the moderation is so tight?

This is one of the most relaxed websites i frequent...If anythings the problem its everyones belief that they are of a higher intelect than the next fella so nion every post gets turned in to politics

But meh

More people need to learn that the wastelands isnt just a tat part of this website but actually a part of the website that most people visit most frequently..

Also theres silly attitude that goes about "if you visit the wasteland your a waster..When in actual fact i find it the best part of the entire website...Does this make me such a bad person?

My tuppence worth

Guest Savant
But you realise the rules have become stricter due to more of YOU (the regular members) complaining about thread content.

I reckon people could be abusing this system - reporting threads when it's not necessary in an attempt to get the thread poster banned.

Guest Savant
This is one of the most relaxed websites i frequent...If anythings the problem its everyones belief that they are of a higher intelect than the next fella so nion every post gets turned in to politics

*cough* TV Tanned *cough*

Exactly, you peope can't have it both ways. Either everyone has to be civilised (i.e moderated) or 99% of the threads descend into people calling everyone else's band shite.

Over the past few weeks I've seen quite a few threads on "serious" topics, usually it's a dead giveaway to a thread that when it's over three pages long, it will be talking about something that has really got someone fired up.

At the end of the day if you don't like the website, you can just fuck off... :p (in a very nice way of course!)

See if you find a site you used to visit just isnt the same anymore the reason for that is ..You left life took hold and new guys joined....NOTHING in life is how it used to be.....

The wastelands rock and i dont care who thinks its what holds aberdeen-music back as i find it highly entertaining sometimes and tbh NEVER take total offense with anything said..

I hate the odd stupid replys like the next fella ..but thats the things with the internet you can practicaly say do what you want...(Just dont use your own CC card) :O

Oh and i never tire of the grammar comments.....

Hmmm...lets bury the critiscism....that explains a lot!!

Hardly. You’re giving feedback on aberdeen-music hence it got moved from The Wasteland to the Comments & Suggestions forum. Where it will then contribute to your post count (thus contribute to your reputation), not get deleted like all threads in The Wasteland eventually will and be easier to for others to see and find as less threads get posted in this particular forum. If I wanted to bury the criticism I'd just close and delete this thread.

I actually like reading constructive criticism like this as it's the only way we (the staff) can get a "feel" for how well/not well we are moderating the forums. So I'd very much welcome other people's thoughts on this as well.

I am definately of the opinion that some threads are closed far to quickly.

"this thread is going nowhere"

Yes, you may think so, but why not step in, say that you'll be closely watching this thread, if it goes out of control, then close it. State what the problem actually is though. "this thread is going nowhere" doesn't really explain what you think is gonna happen?

Someone above posted something about saying your band is shite etc. Who cares? People have opinions, are you really going to run home to mummy and say tell her someone said your band was shit in the hope that she'll let you suck on her paps? She won't. She'd bitch slap your ass and tell you that's life. Not everyone will like your band. I know that about my band. I couldn't care. If a thread closes for that reason, then that is very wrong. That's not letting us voice our own opinion. But, I don't believe I've seen a thread closed for that reason(but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. 99% of the local music "scene" is mediocre and generic garbage, so a local music website can't help but reflect that.

Hardly. Youre giving feedback on aberdeen-music hence it got moved from The Wasteland to the Comments & Suggestions forum. Where it will then contribute to your post count (thus contribute to your reputation)' date=' not get deleted like all threads in The Wasteland eventually will and be easier to for others to see and find as less threads get posted in this particular forum. If I wanted to bury the criticism I'd just close and delete this thread.

I actually like reading constructive criticism like this as it's the only way we (the staff) can get a "feel" for how well/not well we are moderating the forums. So I'd very much welcome other people's thoughts on this as well.[/quote']

Leave me alone ya bully....;(