aberdeen-music

Something has ripped the soul out of the Aberdeen Music Forum

GraemeC

At the end of the day if you don't like the website' date=' you can just fuck off... :p (in a very nice way of course!)[/quote']

What a sad bastard of a world we would live in if that was everyones opinion, we live in a democracy where I have every right to air my opinion even if it upsets the fence sitting liberals among us.

Guest Mr Blastcap
You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. 99% of the local music "scene" is mediocre and generic garbage' date=' so a local music website can't help but reflect that.[/quote']

damn straight. i prefer the electrical audio boards at the moment or the home recording boards. yup, allthough that thread about Flash from the moorings getting pished was funny, and the "Hog suggests something daft after to much wine" was also a belter. in the interests of quality debate i'll suggest that at the recent Pretty Girls Make Graves gig the drummer from that edgar prais lot fucked up a few fills and his tom tom was two squidge's out of tune on the top milliamp.shocking really for a band of thier calibre, i was very dissapointed.

hur hur

• 2 weeks later...
damn straight. i prefer the electrical audio boards at the moment or the home recording boards. yup' date=' allthough that thread about Flash from the moorings getting pished was funny, and the "Hog suggests something daft after to much wine" was also a belter. in the interests of quality debate i'll suggest that at the recent Pretty Girls Make Graves gig the drummer from that edgar prais lot fucked up a few fills and his tom tom was two squidge's out of tune on the top milliamp.shocking really for a band of thier calibre, i was very dissapointed.

hur hur[/quote']

Hehe,

I have started some damn silly threads.

I remember there was like a squillion page thread about Anal sex on the Wasteland (I didnt start that one)

• 2 months later...

Just read this.

I agree with the initial point made. The moderators can be so pathetic. "This thread is now closed as its a waste of bandwidth"

Bullshit. 90% of this website is a complete and utter waste of bandwidth. Thats what its about! And then people come on and say oh this site is supposed to be about music blah blah blah. These people obviously enjoy reading the posts full of shite otherwise they would just ignore it and not bother saying a thing!

Then they go do what they've done to the wasteland. What a complete waste of time and effort. Who actually cares? It's just an internet forum for god sake. As long as the main goal of the website (music, apparantly) is being met, who gives a shit what goes on in such forums as the wasteland.

People take it far too seriously (maybe I'm guilty of that in writing this) and the moderators are especially guilty of this.

Well i'm just enjoying a wee rant after a shit day at work and i think i'll stop now as i probably have better things to do (things which probably wont get done).

Just read this.

I agree with the initial point made. The moderators can be so pathetic. "This thread is now closed as its a waste of bandwidth"

Bullshit. 90% of this website is a complete and utter waste of bandwidth. Thats what its about! And then people come on and say oh this site is supposed to be about music blah blah blah. These people obviously enjoy reading the posts full of shite otherwise they would just ignore it and not bother saying a thing!

Then they go do what they've done to the wasteland. What a complete waste of time and effort. Who actually cares? It's just an internet forum for god sake. As long as the main goal of the website (music, apparantly) is being met, who gives a shit what goes on in such forums as the wasteland.

People take it far too seriously (maybe I'm guilty of that in writing this) and the moderators are especially guilty of this.

Well i'm just enjoying a wee rant after a shit day at work and i think i'll stop now as i probably have better things to do (things which probably wont get done).

I don't think the scenario you've described about threads being closed as they're a waste of bandwidth actually exists. I can't remember any recent threads which have been closed for that stated reason.

As for saying the site is supposed to be about music blah, blah, blah. Well I'm afraid that is the sole reason this site exists. Aberdeen Music, as the name suggests, is a site for and about the music scene of Aberdeen. Any other forums or features on the site are an added extra. Things like the general discussion forum and the arcade are here to help foster a sense of community and keep people using the site in the hope that they'll be encouraged to join in the music related activites elsewhere on Aberdeen Music.

I and the other staff members do take this site very seriously as we believe it is, and can continue to be, a valuable tool to promote the local bands and clubnights we all enjoy and that we want everyone else in the north east to enjoy as well. If we didn't take this website as seriously as we do I think it would have a detrimental effect on the site and less of you would use it as a result.

As for your final point about the wasteland, the changes have been implemented to hopefully get more people using that part of the website again. In recent months it seems the number of new threads posted there has started to reduce so by instigating some relatively minor changes we hope that it will help people get more involved in areas of discussion that interest them the most and they can ignore the parts that don't. With luck the end result will be more threads posted and more people using the site.

Obviously there's a point which when reached, means that a thread should be closed. . . But I've seen some posts being closed in the wasteland where I almost feel the moderators are getting a kick out of saying "Thread Closed". I can't help but feel that there is an element of 'power tripping', on the moderators behalf on occassion. Think about it. . . Some of the reactions to trolling on the website ARE taken too seriously. I get a great kick out of reading troll's pointless and meaningless arguments. OBVIOUSLY there is a line where a thread should be closed though.

And if you were to crack down on all the 'stupid stuff', you had might as well do away with the wasteland altogether. Lets not be seious all the time o_O

Fair enough about my point about the site being a waste of time, as although i may not fully know it, this site probably is really useful to me on occassion and life would be made more frustrating without its existence. You must forgive my initial harshness. I can be a moody bastard sometimes. The real thing which is getting on my tits here is my 9 till 5 job.

I can't believe how serious you are all not being. Its a forum for music so we should only discuss music therefore I say that this thread be closed ASAP

I just found some tomato in my shoe

Like this thread, there is often a valid point and a good discussion within a thread that is unfortunately riddled with inane, nonsensical or abusive posts which result in it getting closed. (I have been guilty of the inane and nonsensical) Is it not possible to delete posts of this nature as opposed to threads or would that not be feasible? I was replying to the "What is emo?" thread which was actually of interest to me today only to find when I clicked submit that it had been closed. Now there was a lot of shite there and it was descending into nonsense but there was one or two points I wanted to make and questions I was asking on the actual topic.

This site is aberdeen-music and should predominantly be about just that. I'm glad it exists because I have booked our last 5 or so gigs through it. However I also enjoy yacking shite, talking football and observing the chat in the General Discussion area. Could this section not be exempt from the music related sections in that new posts in there do not show in the home page?

i feel like my auntie that writes to the editors of various newspaper :O

Dear sir.....