aberdeen-music

a valuable history lesson

Stripey

Christ.....theres a reason why Liam Howlett is so far up his arse about being the king of the beats...theres more talent in 20 seconds of his music than there was in that entire genre...I couldn't listen to the prodigy at the time because I related them with all this crap, but looking back now, they were lightyears ahead of their time. That just reminds me of the numpties in my primary school who thought they knew music for liking this shit...and they laughed at me for listening to the Beatles....what do they listen to fucking now!!

This is how it should be done :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cse8WuUhk

(and yeah I know it sounds exactly the same :p)

Christ.....theres a reason why Liam Howlett is so far up his arse about being the king of the beats...theres more talent in 20 seconds of his music than there was in that entire genre...I couldn't listen to the prodigy at the time because I related them with all this crap' date=' but looking back now, they were lightyears ahead of their time. That just reminds me of the numpties in my primary school who thought they knew music for liking this shit...and they laughed at me for listening to the Beatles....what do they listen to fucking now!!

This is how it should be done :D

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cse8WuUhk

(and yeah I know it sounds exactly the same :p)

the prodigy were never quite as raw and dark as altern8!

Is it the pseudo futuristic sound? Or the fact that they just slap a simple easy beat over a tune and call it a remix (a la Voodoo People! although the intro is class)

Well in the case of that voodoo people remix yeah its just a cheap cash in. But basically, pendulum are gimmicky and represent a dumbing down of the drumnbass scene. All their tunes are just naff dancefloor pap that only appeals to pilled up wankers. Really well produced pap i must admit - the content is just weak.

pacific is one of my all time favourite tunes

Ditto, 'In Yer Face' was the first single I ever bought, I then hunted 808:90 down on the strength of it. All this while a) only being about seven, and b) not being nearly old enough to get off on hard drugs at 3am in derelict warehouses......

808 are one of those select few bands I will always have a soft spot for........