aberdeen-music

Gibson Les Paul

Neill

Guest DustyDeviada
61 reissue with maestro vibrola' date=' that or a 52 reissue telecaster.

But then again, you mentioning that P90's have fenderesque qualities without the twang sounds like the ideal pickups to me!

I fancy a change from the ol' les paul, had one for 10 years now.

?( ?( ?([/quote']

You are welcome to have a shot of my 54 if you like to check out the P-90s.

Or how about this:

http://www.guitarstrings.co.uk/cart/product.asp?key=51833

That said I would love a 52 Reissue tele myself.

Guest DustyDeviada

But then again' date=' you mentioning that P90's have fenderesque qualities without the twang sounds like the ideal pickups to me!

[/quote']

You should buy the Seymour Duncan Phat Cats that Ikuragura is selling in the trading forum and stick them in your Les Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lime ruined my life
Real thing = the company who designed the bloody thing.

is the real thing really the company who designed it?

or is it the best quality instrument designed to the original specifications?

Guest DustyDeviada
or is it the best quality instrument designed to the original specifications?

Ooh, interesting question. Lots of Les Paul afficianados would take issue with the spec of the current Les Paul Standard, and even the historic reissues, although they are pretty close now.

That said, I guess most people couldn't care less if Gibson is using the same kind of glue now as they did in the 50s.

Guest DustyDeviada
I have a mate based in Houston. He tells me that there are guitar shops there that sell LP's as good prices (compared with here anyways). I think I might just get him to pick me up something when he comes back over in November!

Tell him to check out Fuller's Vintage Guitars' date=' just off the I-10.

[url']http://www.fullersguitar.com/

Although bear in mind if he tries to get it back without paying duty and gets stopped at customs he could be fined or have the guitar confiscated.

Guest DustyDeviada
I was thinking secondhand. He'd just be taking his guitar back with him' date=' honest officer.....[/quote']

Yep, you can try that, but at the end of the day it might not be worth arguing with HM Revenues and Customs officers and ending up with a night in the cells, a confiscated guitar and a full body cavity search for a saving of 100. The onus would be on him to provide proof that he took the guitar out of the country in the first place.

I've taken guitars back before and never had any problems, but if I was ever stopped I would have just whipped the cheque book out and asked "How much do I owe you?". Not worth messing with customs dudes IMO.

Like many things it's a chance you take. I've carried guitars in and out of the country several times and never had any bother. But the ABZ HMC did take a 1000 ciggies off me a month ago....bugger. ABZ customs are the worse I've came up against. So many of them and so little work = The 'Excuse me Sir' routine. Glasgow is a close second. Heathrow is no problem. Thing is if you do get tugged, just own up.

Apparently, the company 'Navigator' (ESPs cream of the crop stuff) exceeds or at least matches the Gibson and Fender versions of the guitars they make.

Basically they do direct imitations of Gibson and Fender stuff but with outrageous quality and apparently as near perfect crafting and attention to detail as you'd imagine.

Only available IN Japan though so you'd need to be on a wee holiday or have some contacts if you wanted one...

That probably explains why you haven't already heard of them.

I've never played one so can't personally comment. But I know people that have...

Clicky for their site, model names down the left hand side...

James

For a little person like me' date=' they are very heavy, so I would never gig mine. But it does sound sooo good.[/quote']

u get used to the weight after a while

i have a standard and a goldtop

there heavy as bitches

but u get used ot em on sdtage i prefer teles tho the only advantage of eps is that u get no feedback or if u do u can control it