aberdeen-music

anyone else read that thing about ecoli in the scum today?

framheim

i'm pretty sure most places don't clean their ice machine as much as they should and of course just cause we don't know anyone who's become ill from it doesn't mean that it won't happen.

I cleaned an ice machine once at the forum...all i'm saying is that the machine was filthy - it took me over an hour to clean the thing from top to bottom properly and to rinse the thing until it was spotless. Somehow, I don't see the majority of places bothering to do that on a regular basis. The machine was cleaned once in the four months that I was there - so really, what does it say?

Exodus is way cleaner than it was 10 years ago - I've never been ill from any drink I've ever had there (apart from the night of the infinate aftershocks - still got the carpet stains at home to remind me of that one!) There was a dodgy burger served up back in 1998ish - but I'm sure that was just an off day. Germs are good anyway, dont think I like the sounds of those fly eggs though Hmmmmm..........:down:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the ice machines are cleaned by the company that makes them; it's certainly done by an organisation outwith TK's and Exodus. They are all sparkly and clean and we have all new ice handling equipment to be on the safe side, although as everyone else has said, we have certainly never been informed of any illness from our ice, or anything else in the pub for that matter (other than people drinking too much).

I am intrigued as to how the Sun managed to conduct a controlled experiment without ever informing TK's. Surely if they ask for a drink with ice, the contaminant could come from any source (the glass, drink, air, the hands of the reporter) and to be fair, we all know the Sun reports shite anyway...

But just to set everyone's mind at ease, all our ice handling equipment is sanitised daily and I have been working in TK's for 3 years consuming the ice on a regular basis, and I have not become ill from it.