aberdeen-music

cmon then babyshambles fans, defend this one

framheim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this won't sound anymore believable than richard's answer but it's the truth. he sprayed a mtv camera crew with a syringe of his own blood.

*recoils in horror* ....

Am I the only one that doesn't really view this as a big deal? I mean yeah it's a little bit scaffy, but it's hardly anything to shout about? :popcorn:

Andy

*recoils in horror* ....

Am I the only one that doesn't really view this as a big deal? I mean yeah it's a little bit scaffy' date=' but it's hardly anything to shout about? :popcorn:

Andy[/quote']

you're fucking kidding right? he took blood from himself in a syringe and sprayed it at a camera crew. that's fucking disgusting and potentially dangerous. it is a big deal. it's not like he threw a water baloon at them.

so you'd just laugh it off if someone did that to you eh?

I purposefully have as little to do with this person as possible, so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

His band have a record label's support - Rough Trade?

Which means basically he is being 'paid' by them - technically he is their responsibility.

If they are responsible for his welfare then surely they are duty bound to get him out of the public eye, and into a treatment programme to help him avoid killing himself and others.

I get the impression they are singularly failing to do so. Instead he is a product to them - increasing his marketable ratings with every seedy exploit. He's a mangy dancing bear, being prodded by a moronic public, and his owners should be prosecuted for not leading him to safety.

I purposefully have as little to do with this person as possible' date=' so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

His band have a record label's support - Rough Trade?

Which means basically he is being 'paid' by them - technically he is their responsibility.

If they are responsible for his welfare then surely they are duty bound to get him out of the public eye, and into a treatment programme to help him avoid killing himself and others.

I get the impression they are singularly failing to do so. Instead he is a product to them - increasing his marketable ratings with every seedy exploit. He's a mangy dancing bear, being prodded by a moronic public, and his owners should be prosecuted for not leading him to safety.[/quote']

babyshambles dont have a record company anymore but yeah you're right, babyshambles had the worst manager ever

There aren't that many people with known HIV in Aberdeen (2 in every 10' date='000 according to the stat dept at the hospital). There is no way of knowing the true figure though, the test isn't easy enough to have done as the guidlines say everyone tested has to have counselling (time consuming & expensive). Men are never routinely screened, and women are only offered the chance if they are pregnant but most of the ladies dont take it up. Forget bird flu - Me thinks this could be the timebomb of the future.[/quote']

yeah it's ridiculous that despite all the warnings about HIV and AIDS and all that's being done to help prevent the disease, in Aberdeen you have to beg to have an AIDS test done during routine STD screening. I always insist whenever I get screened, and I've never been offered counselling, not that I'd need it unless I ever (god forbid) tested positive. It hardly seems worth people taking the precaution of getting screened for STDs if they're not gonna bother testing you for everything.