aberdeen-music

Should I swap my X-Box for a Gamecube?

Guest She-Wolf

Guest She-Wolf

Is this sensible? My X-Box is in perfect beautiful condition with seven of great games, should I swap it for a Gamecube? I like platform and fighting games...whats best for this?

Guest b-bert

well you can buy second hand gamecubes for only about 30 now from gamestation and the like.

personally i dont like them as i think most of the games are rubbish, so just have both.

yea you can get a second hand cube for next to fuck all. you'd get £40 trade in on your xbox just on it's own in game plus whatever you'd get for the games. it's upto you but there's hardly any games coming out on the cube just now and the next big one is zelda after the summer. still a great console though.

to be honest if you like platform and fighting games you're probably better off with a ps2, there's a wider range of platform games on it and there's a good solid range of fighting games too including soul caliber 3 which is a ps2 exclusive.

In my opinion, compared to the other consoles out there, that's how the Gamecube comes across. It just seems, I dunno how to explain this really, but, "Cartoony" than say the PS2 or Xbox.

I feel that Nintendo games have a tendency to be like this. Of course not all of them, ie. Goldeneye was a superb game for the N64.

In my opinion' date=' compared to the other consoles out there, that's how the Gamecube comes across. It just seems, I dunno how to explain this really, but, "Cartoony" than say the PS2 or Xbox.

I feel that Nintendo games have a tendency to be like this. Of course not all of them, ie. Goldeneye was a superb game for the N64.[/quote']

To me a game which tries to hard to be street (looking at you, 50 Cent) is the most 'kiddy' type of game. Nintendo's core games may be cartoony, but they are some of the finest video games available, and are far more adult than a game packed full of naughty words and street fashion.

In my opinion' date=' compared to the other consoles out there, that's how the Gamecube comes across. It just seems, I dunno how to explain this really, but, "Cartoony" than say the PS2 or Xbox.

I feel that Nintendo games have a tendency to be like this. Of course not all of them, ie. Goldeneye was a superb game for the N64.[/quote']

thats what i always thought.

not really the context within the game but moreso the graphics of them

of course resident evil 4, geist, killer7, baton kaitos, fire emblem, odama, blood omen 2, cod + cod 2, tales of symphonia etc etc were all aimed at kids right? no.

even games like zelda and mario on the gamecube were well hard and more complex than most of the games on other formats.

don't like nintendo, you don't like games. it's as simple as that. :D

Guest b-bert
of course resident evil 4' date=' geist, killer7, baton kaitos, fire emblem, odama, blood omen 2, cod + cod 2, tales of symphonia etc etc [/quote']

are these gamecube exclusives?

are these gamecube exclusives?

most of em are, some others appeared first on GC or were originally developed with just the GC in mind and others i put in because if there wasn't an adult market on the GC they wouldn't have been released on the cube.

Guest b-bert

fair enough.

i think nintendo need some better marketing then. Most people seem to have the cartoon view.

Almost any game ive played on friend's gamecubes are cartoony.

I got one off ebay about 8 months ago. gamecube' date=' 7 games, memory card. got it all for about 60 quid - well worth it. I think the gamecube goes more for quality rather than quantity unlike the ps2. the original games for the gc are excellent i.e. mario games, zelda games[/quote']

Superb!....I really just fancy a change, I'm getting bored with my PS2.

I got mine off ebay in september with a couple of games for something like £45(games being Metroid Prime,X-Men Legends,WWE Day Of Reckoning and Mario Kart) Since then I've added Zelda,Phantasy Star Online,WWE: DOR 2 and Pokemon Colosseum to my collection.

Of the current generation of titles,the cube remains my favourite,despite being largely ignored these days

Guest Jake Wifebeater

don't like nintendo' date=' you don't like games. it's as simple as that. :D[/quote']

Seconded to the nth degree. I only have 7 or 8 games for my Cube, but where Nintendo really shines is in the replay value of their games, as the good ones are a joy to play. Quality triumphs over quantity.