aberdeen-music

England provisional world cup squad.

Fuckin odd one like. Not taking Defoe will be a massive mistake. Walcott is a good player, their wildcard. Bit i wouldnae have him at Defoe's expense. No Darren Bent either. Aaron Lennon? Fit the fuck? Good job England don't play with wingers really.

Jan Vennegoor ahead of Roy Makaay for Holland too. Very strange.

love from christy

Better than Owen Hargreaves.

Hargreaves is quality. I really don't know why Eriksson has never given him a chance. The man has around thirty caps yet has never been a regular. Sorta like Phil Neville, who got 50-odd caps without anyone knowing what his best position is.

I half expected Teddy Sheringham to get called up to play the Moravcik role, now that Rooney is fucked

love from christy

If Rooney ain't fit by the start of the tournament, they can call in Defoe 24 hours before it starts. What I don't understand is why Jenas and Hargreaves yet leave Defoe out? He says that Joe Cole can play as a striker, but England have never played that way before, and going into the biggest tournament in the world without a definite shape is a problem and a half. Of course they have brilliant depth in midfield, I just don't understand why Jenas is in front of Defoe.

Walcott and Lennon I'm impressed by, definitely players who opponents will know nothing about and who will be able to come on for the last half hour and put something special into the game. S W-Phillips ain't bad though, would have had him in front of Jenas any day too.

I'm more bemused why Walter Smith can call up Lee Miller (6goals) instead of Craig Dargo (20goals)....

....and Graeme Smith (motherwell), David Marshall (Celtic reserves) and Iain Turner (Everton reserves, 2 games and sent off in one of them) instead of Caley's Mark Brown (who has had an unbelievable amount of clean sheets, is consistantly solid, and played 170 games in a row!). I hear Jim Leighton hasn't played this season, should he get a call up? What about Les Fridge? Goram- he's proved himself over the years, bring him back?

Then he goes and brings in (3 games this season) Gavin Rae, and (6 games this season), David McNamee. I'm absolutely fuming. I backed Craig Brown till the end, and even had patience for Berti- but I'll be the first one to call for Walter's head should he start playing those twats and as a result lose to dross.

Does Walter actually watch SPL games? Or does he just go every week to see Rangers and Celtic reserves?

Guarantee he's plays Stephen Caldwell in defence instead of Russel Anderson on thurs!

settle, Ross! McNamee and Rae are returning from injury, so their current (lack of) form can't really be held against em. Both are good players who, when fit and playing regularly, would expect to be in the 'proper' scotland squad.

yer right about Brown and Dargo though. They deserve a chance. but so does Walter smith

love from christy

I would've given McNaughton a game ahead of McNamee.

And K.Thomson, Scott Brown or Brian Kerr a game instead of G.Rae.

To be honest, Hartley will be coming back into the starting X1 for the qualifiers regardless, so I don't think guys like Rae will get a look in

I would've given McNaughton a game ahead of McNamee.

And K.Thomson' date=' Scott Brown or Brian Kerr a game instead of G.Rae.

To be honest, Hartley will be coming back into the starting X1 for the qualifiers regardless, so I don't think guys like Rae will get a look in[/quote']

Aye but Thomson, Brown and Kerr are not coming back from injury. They are injured. no chance of them being fit for thursday, unlike McNamee and Rae.

superKev, god bless him, just aint international quality. he never will be until he learns to raise his head and look around him sometimes.

love from christy

To Aaron Lennon's defence - he is a quality player, and gets a lot more match time than Shaun-WP. And he can play on the left. I reckon he could be worth a shot.

However, no Defoe... what the fuck.

I'm a spurs fan (gutted, by the way - 4th ALL fucking season), but with such a wealth of talent in the england midfield, but nothing up front... why take jenas, but not defoe?

OH NOW I GET IT....

Sven is about to quit his job and he's in the same group as his home nation, so might as well royally fuck up the english.

So up front we have; A teenager who has never played in the premiership and Timmy from Southpark crossed with a lamp-post. Woooo, look out brazil.

I'm more bemused why Walter Smith can call up Lee Miller (6goals) instead of Craig Dargo (20goals)....

....and Graeme Smith (motherwell)' date=' David Marshall (Celtic reserves) and Iain Turner (Everton reserves, 2 games and sent off in one of them) instead of Caley's Mark Brown (who has had an unbelievable amount of clean sheets, is consistantly solid, and played 170 games in a row!). I hear Jim Leighton hasn't played this season, should he get a call up? What about Les Fridge? Goram- he's proved himself over the years, bring him back?

Then he goes and brings in (3 games this season) Gavin Rae, and (6 games this season), David McNamee. I'm absolutely fuming. I backed Craig Brown till the end, and even had patience for Berti- but I'll be the first one to call for Walter's head should he start playing those twats and as a result lose to dross.

Does Walter actually watch SPL games? Or does he just go every week to see Rangers and Celtic reserves?

Guarantee he's plays Stephen Caldwell in defence instead of Russel Anderson on thurs![/quote']

I don't get why David Weir's played for Scotland in all their recent matches. The guy's like 70, he's not going to be playing in the next tournament, so why not bring in a younger guy and try to get the team gelled before the important fixtures start?

a gangly Peter Crouch

Hey! Enough of that! That's height-ist! Crouch on his own up-front for the first game or two with Lampard, Gerrard and Cole cupporting from deep, i predict.

Does anyone else think that maybe Eriksson just forgot to pick Defoe? like, he thought he had named him in the squad but actually it clean slipped his mind. wouldnae put it past him, the dumb fucker. i really think that can be the only explanation. Four strikers (two of whom can't stand up right now) for a major tournament simply aint enough.

love from christy

Hey! Enough of that! That's height-ist! Crouch on his own up-front for the first game or two with Lampard' date=' Gerrard and Cole cupporting from deep, i predict.

Does anyone else think that maybe Eriksson just forgot to pick Defoe? like, he thought he had named him in the squad but actually it clean slipped his mind. wouldnae put it past him, the dumb fucker. i really think that can be the only explanation. Four strikers (two of whom can't stand up right now) for a major tournament simply aint enough.

love from christy[/quote']

If this were the 19th century, Peter Crouch would be kept in a cage and would travel the country as a circus attraction.

Guest Bob Double Jack

s.w phillips has paid the price for having a really shit sason at chelsea. he should nevere have left man city - greedy bastard.

darren bent must be gutted - best comment on talksport this afternoon "our strike force consists of 2 crocks, a beanpole and a schoolkid".

also - sol campbell? wes brown has been far more consistent, and if he starts in front of the mighty carragher (although ferdinand and terry are the first choice) there is something far wrong!

s.w phillips has paid the price for having a really shit sason at chelsea. he should nevere have left man city - greedy bastard.

darren bent must be gutted - best comment on talksport this afternoon "our strike force consists of 2 crocks' date=' a beanpole and a schoolkid".

also - sol campbell? wes brown has been far more consistent, and if he starts in front of the mighty carragher (although ferdinand and terry are the first choice) there is something far wrong![/quote']

Weird, aint it? Precisely one year ago, campbell was duelling with Ferdinand to be Terry's central defensive partner, and folks were talking about dropping Beckham to play Wright-Phillips. Now, only Campbell's made the squad and it's pretty unlikely he'll feature at all. funny ol' game

love from christy