aberdeen-music

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Time Machine

I haven't heard any tunes from this band' date=' but I'm intrigued. Anyone care to enlighten me? Any good? Did someone out of BRMC used to be in the band? I love BRMC by ra way. Ta.[/quote']

One of the greatest bands. Aye i think the lad fae brmc played guitar. They are playing glasgow may/june so get your tickets now. They have a fair few cd's but the best of is a good one to start with. Last time i heard, HMV had it in stock. The dvd Dig with brian jonestown vs dandies is really funny.

One of the greatest bands. Aye i think the lad fae brmc played guitar. They are playing glasgow may/june so get your tickets now. They have a fair few cd's but the best of is a good one to start with. Last time i heard' date=' HMV had it in stock. The dvd Dig with brian jonestown vs dandies is really funny.[/quote']

One of the greatest bands.????

Just saw Dig this weekend. Worth watching for sure. Don't rate Anton very highly though. Maybe if he straightened up for a second and was less paranoid and grew up a little.

That tambo player cracked me up.

Guest bluesxman

Peter Hayes from BRMC was the one in BJTM. They are a great band. Most of the albums are pretty difficult to get here and if you find them will probably cost you a fortune. Amazon sell most of them on import, usually between 5 and 10 quid per CD.

As the other folk up there said, the compilation 'Tepid Peppermint Wonderland' is probably the best place to test the water to see if you like them. There isn't much to separate the individual albums quality wise, they are all full of genius moments along with some songs that sound like they are still in the demo stages, but if you've seen Dig! then you will appreciate that most of their recordings are done on the hoof when they blagged some cash together and so rehearsal time wasn't the biggest priority! Personally I love the looseness of their music.

I thought The Dandy Warhols came across worse in Dig! personally but I still like 'em too.

Guest bluesxman
i'm gonna see this band at ATP in a month! wahey! i hope the singer main dude kicks someone in the face again

Stand at the front and start shouting abuse at him, you could be THE ONE!

I saw then in New York a couple of years ago. A gig to remember as it was so bad. A large crowd and they couldn't care less. Three quarters off the crowd left before the end, loads of insults and things thrown at them. The highlight was them stopping for 15 minutes while the drummer went for a dump. The rest of the band just talked amongst themselves and totally ignored the audience.

Guest bluesxman
I think there are 3 albums in One-Up....i was in the other day and it caught my eye that they had a couple.

One of them's probably 'This Is Our Radio', which is a mini-album/EP and is not a good starting point, the weakest CD I've bought by them for sure.

Guest bluesxman
Thanks' date=' but I actually went in and bought it today before reading that!!! Haha! Have listened to a couple of tracks and I'm impressed, I kinda thought I would be though! A couple sound quite trippy, like Screamadelica era Primal Scream, and I can see the Carnival Of Light comparisons too![/quote']

If you are liking BJTM you may quite like The Warlocks too.

Dig is a really good film. The tambourine guy from BJTM was a hilarious character. They all seemed clinically mental too. The thing that struck me was while other artists will come across as a bit unhinged or loopy, I'm sure they have their "normal" moments as well. These guys were volatile, delusional crazy people 24/7, it wasn't just an act. It's hard to believe Anton is stil alive. A total c^nt but amusing all the same.

• 5 months later...