aberdeen-music

latest lemon tree brochure

Stripey

if there are acts you want to see here that you think are currently being overlooked' date=' and that are viable for 550 capacity venue, let us know and we'll pass it on to the music programmer.[/quote']

It would be great if you could get Turbonegro to come back and play the Lemon Tree again - That's one of the best gigs i've been at!

Yeah The Lemon Tree is expensive but it's usually worth taking a risk and seeing something different.

namby pamby music seems to be the choice of the many nowadays at most larger venues but there's always something cool happening if you know where to look in the underground.

namby pamby music seems to be the choice of the many nowadays.
Just so I know' date=' what exactly is your definition of this?
but there's always something cool happening if you know where to look in the underground.

Look out for the Bill Wells night with the Japanese folk then, unless it clashes with above of course!

namby pamby music .

you are driving me fucking insane... STOP SAYING "MAMBY PAMBY " IN EVERY FUCKING POST YOU MAKE, YES WE GET IT, YOU DONT LIKE ANYTHING THAT ISNT PUNK, BUT THAT NEITHER MEANS IT IS MAMBY PAMBY OR ANY LESS-GOOD THAN OTHER STUFF, small minded ...:swearing:

you are driving me fucking insane... STOP SAYING "MAMBY PAMBY " IN EVERY FUCKING POST YOU MAKE' date=' YES WE GET IT, YOU DONT LIKE ANYTHING THAT ISNT PUNK, BUT THAT NEITHER MEANS IT IS MAMBY PAMBY OR ANY LESS-GOOD THAN OTHER STUFF, small minded ...:swearing:[/quote']

ach quit being such a namby pamby :p

Guest bluesxman
you are driving me fucking insane... STOP SAYING "MAMBY PAMBY " IN EVERY FUCKING POST YOU MAKE' date=' YES WE GET IT, YOU DONT LIKE ANYTHING THAT ISNT PUNK, BUT THAT NEITHER MEANS IT IS MAMBY PAMBY OR ANY LESS-GOOD THAN OTHER STUFF, small minded ...:swearing:[/quote']

If the saying annoyed you that much you would think you would have noticed how to spell it! :up:

Guest DustyDeviada

Well out of the latest brochure I would like to see Odetta, Roddy Frame and Albert Lee.

Unfortunately I am away when Albert Lee is on, otherwise I would have gone.

I've seen him twice before at the Lemon Tree and it's always a great night. I would go so far as to call him the greatest country guitar player in the world. So to see him in a place like Aberdeen is quite amazing, you should go and see him.

You've obviously never met Biz.

If you had, you'd get it.

Because Biz is ace. End of.

Guest Neubeatz

Seriously though' date=' glad that some of you are thinking the current programme is pretty decent, and if there are acts you want to see here that you think are currently being overlooked, and that are viable for 550 capacity venue, let us know and we'll pass it on to the music programmer.[/quote']

Dont suppose there's any chance of getting Sun Ra is there???:up:

Namby pamby gig of the year, this will be a belter

Rootin Aboot: Peatbog Faeries / The Dhol Foundation

Saturday 15 April 2006 - Caf

Tickets 9 (6 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8pm

Show Starts: 9pm

Rootin Aboot 2006 wraps up with a party night of stomping dance music from two of the most exciting acts on the world roots scene. Hard to believe, but the Peatbogs have got even better with the addition of a scorching new brass section while the Dhol Foundation have been taking festival audiences by storm right across the globe.

Peatbog Faeries

Based on the Isle of Skye, The Peatbog Faeries provide the most uplifting and exciting Scottish musical fusion you'll ever hear. Their superbly seamless blend of crisply played tunes on pipes, fiddle and whistle, a world class rhythm section and a totally diverse but successful mix of other musical styles has been bolstered still further by the addition of a red-hot brass section, making them one of the greatest live bands in the world, never mind Scotland!

The Dhol Foundation

Emerging from leader Johnny Kalsi's massively popular drum classes, the Dhol Foundation (the dhol is a large North Indian drum) perform a wonderful blend of classic Indian music with global rhythms and thumping contemporary beats. This ferociously original fusion should be no surprise as Kalsi has been instrumental in some of the most groundbreaking groups on the Asian and world music scene including bhangra pioneers Alaap, Fun Da Mental, Asian Dub Foundation and Transglobal Underground.

www.dholfoundation.com

AND FOR ALL YOU whingers in need of some fun Saturday 24 June 2006 - Caf

Tickets 12 (8 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 9pm

Show Starts: 10pm

Cheeky, irreverent and wonderfully camp, Craig Hill's hilarious blend of stand-up and musical comedy has earned him critical acclaim throughout the UK and a following that

encompasses young and old, straight and gay and men and women. He is one of those

rare natural performers, with a seemingly effortless audience rapport. Loved for his incisive stand-up, lightning fast mprovisation, fabulous characterisations and sublime vocal parodies, Craig is one of the UK's brightest comedy stars.

ehem...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/view/show.shtml?tom

listen to this,I do every day and I go to see Jazz and Blues just so I can hate them even more,you've got to have a hobby he he he