aberdeen-music

GoNorth

Graeme

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From http://www.isthismusic.com/ -

On May 10th and 11th, GoNorth, itm?'s favourite Aberdeen-baed music festival, takes place. Attic Lights, The Hedrons, Isa and the Filthy Tongues, PuMaJaW, Stacco Set, Viva Melodica . Plus, an itm? / Jockrock showcase - in the Wild Boar on wed 10th - Persil, Zea, Saint Jude's Infirmary and Popup - 8.30 - 12pm. More to follow..

as ive stated in previous threads the organisation/marketing behind go north

is a shambles' date=' but i must say i'm mighty impressed with some of the names

mentioned so far, (& not just coz weve promoted four of the bands/artists b4)[/quote']

It might have been a good idea if the bands had been told in advance of the press release! (and I make that five bands on the list and one near miss!)

Hookers Green No.1 are playing.

Serena Maneesh are playing also. This might be the only chance youll get to see Serena Maneesh for free so it'd be a good idea to check them out as they are amazing. Proper amazing.

now thats another coup, SM have been getting heavy press coverage in the usa. after all the hype i remember checking their mp3's about six months ago & being disappointed.

any reason why the press release is held in a different city? that's like admitting that aberdeen isn't good enough before the thing even starts! and did other people who applied get any kind of confirmation that their materials had been received? even just a pre-printed postcard would have been nice, rather then wondering whether the stuff landed up in the postmans bin. if people go to the effort of sending you a package for an event like this, it'd maybe be nice to acknowledge that in some small way.

/x

any reason why the press release is held in a different city? that's like admitting that aberdeen isn't good enough before the thing even starts! and did other people who applied get any kind of confirmation that their materials had been received? even just a pre-printed postcard would have been nice' date=' rather then wondering whether the stuff landed up in the postmans bin. if people go to the effort of sending you a package for an event like this, it'd maybe be nice to acknowledge that in some small way.[/quote']

I was wondering the same about the press release, it just makes me think that the whole thing is designed for the organisers to show their worth rather than for people who actually care about the music scene here. I guess if you look at the people organising it, it becomes obvious that they need an Edinburgh launch in order to assure themselves of funding for the future - an Aberdeen launch just isn't going to cut it in political terms.

edit : let's see who's playing from aberdeen..

That's not a bad local lineup actually, even if the demo submission is a sham like last year, at least they've showed some sense and got a nice range of acts playing.

Odd' date=' I'm not seeing that, News, Map, Delegate Info, and supporters is all I get.

I'll try IE, might be that.

Yup, doesn't work with Firefox, I see it now.[/quote']

it works with my firefox (1.5.0.1) and if worst comes to worst, install the IEview extension

hot mango...hohoho! :D

/x