aberdeen-music

so... (preparing to be laughed at) placebo..

salsadecacahuete

Guest Phantomsmasher
their new album is bearable

Unlike most of the comments you post on this board.

Anyway, I really quite like Placebo. They've written some great pop songs. That said there is a few dodgy ones in their back catalogue, but most good bands have that.

Not heard the new album yet, but I've heard that it's a good one.

Guest bluesxman

There are other bands I find much more offensive, at least they have written some very good catchy tunes, the one thing that really annoys me is his tiresome way of using really obvious rhyming couplets.

Guest Mr Blastcap

j. cash is on columbo right now, binbag darrel was in Oz, i reckon Molko should do that programme where the Quack doctor roots through poop. I like placebo, i even liked black market music. Molko's a bit of a twat though.

tick

tock

tick

tock

an' a that shite.

Saw them at the Music Hall a while back and they came over as petulant children because the audience weren't holding prayers at their feet, especially the lanky bassist who threatened to walk off and have a tantrum.

Their aricht like, especially the first single that's name escapes but has a grand thumpy beat and a vertigo inducing video!

Jimbobble

ermm' date=' wasn't that because people were throwing pints at the stage and hit him?[/quote']

Doubt it was pints being that you aren't allowed your glasses out of the bar area. I do recall some chuckige though but maybe because he was being a bairn. No excuse for throwing things though... Laughing at him maybe...

J

Doubt it was pints being that you aren't allowed your glasses out of the bar area. I do recall some chuckige though but maybe because he was being a bairn. No excuse for throwing things though... Laughing at him maybe...

J

I was at that gig. Pretty sure it was a pint that was thrown at him, could it have been a plastic glass? Couldn't help but laugh at him, mind you!! Think it was more at his wee tantrum than him actually getting soaked!

Saw the same thing happen when Gun played the Lemon Tree. Someone threw a pint at the guitarist, most of it missed him and landed on a mixing desk or something though! If i remember right they had to stop playing till it dried out!

I havnie heard the new stuff yet but I used to be a big fan. I was at said gig at the music hall, yes the bassist is a prize tosser (I once had the misfortune to meet him at Reading), but what put me off them for life was the drummer, he is useless, all the fills were done by a machine. I was mega-unimpressed.

Still, the music holds good memories for me - I think they did every festival I went to for years in the late nineties.

Guest bluesxman
Placebo - Awesome

Without You I'm Nothing - Good

Black Market Music - Average

Sleeping With Ghosts - Awful

Meds - Good

So overall they get a "good".

So basically my decision to buy the first 2 and swither over the 3rd and 4th ones when seen for a fiver in FOPP have proven a sound investment choice. Assuming your judgement is correct. I shall give you the benefit of the doubt regardless of your Pumpkins leanings.