aberdeen-music

Thanks

scottST

hahaha' date=' thanks man.

we'll never forget the moorings.

did you take many photos last night flash? any chance you could wing them to me over email? its [email']scottNP@gmail.com.

Yes it'll take me a while to process through them. I'll send you some larger files in email that I'd post here. You guys were moving around pretty fast so I had my work cut out for me!

yeah we're a pretty active bunch onstage!

I can't get over how good the onstage sound was.....i loved the bass sound in particular!

The bass is routed through the drum monitor as well as the Ampeg's 4x10 cab. The drum monitor produces full range bass, and it's directed at the other side of the stage. Although the bass freqencies are omni directional, some higher frequencies are also produced by the bass guitar - this is where the directional bit helps!

And to top it off the band are standing on top of 2 enourmous Funktion One double bass bin woofers, which transmit the sub frequencies shaking the floor of the stage.

Anytime you fancy a FREE high quality rehersal to polish off your stage craft, then consider our open mic that runs every Sunday. This uses the exact same setup to last night, inlcuding Mark being at the controls. The only difference being that you are restrcited using the house backline.

last night was fucking awesome! the new jukebox is a beast and sounds fucking amazing.

Ruinous-liked them, love the mix of melodic singing and more screamy kinda stuff.

second:thought- blew me away, VERY tight, especially so for their first gig, good sound, good riffs, good vocals, good performance, just very very good!

mr misouri-sorry to sound negative, but they were totally fucking shit, and the singer needs to learn to...well sing!

the last band who's name has escaped my mind were the highlight of my night, absolutley fantastic, tight as hell, full of energy, and gave it their all even-though everyone had fucked off and they played to about 20 people.

Xx

• Upvote 1

the last band who's name has escaped my mind were the highlight of my night' date=' absolutley fantastic, tight as hell, full of energy, and gave it their all even-though everyone had fucked off and they played to about 20 people.[/quote']

They are The Rites, and hail from The Black Isle. I love them too, and we're going to have them back real soon to make up for that. Strange night, all evening we were totally rammed, then just before the headliners came on we emptied. Weird!

I thought Moorings was over 18's?

The promoter accidentally advertised it as 14plus, and the doorman arrived 2.5 hours late, so it was hard to restrict entry. Both guilty parties have assured us this will not happen again.

People under 18 can attend gigs, provided they arrange it with me beforehand. Reject Monkey and a handful of other comply with this, so we let them in.

I thought Moorings was over 18's?

Yes but you are allowed to arrange before hand to come I think. There is a thread about this.

Great night I must say.

Second Though in my opinion were the band of the night.

I don't think I've seen a better debut from a local band before.

Tight as fuck and had some catchy songs.They had great presence on the stage and that really added to the show.

It was a shame that everyone left after Mr Missouri. Especially since The Rites were amazing. The keyboard player really knows his stuff.

Good night:up:

Oh and by the way try the Scrumpy...it's scrumptious:gringo:

Thanks for kind words guys :D

we're about to record an EP next week, i'll be sure to fire up a track for you all to check out.

if anyone else took photos - i saw more than Flash with a camera - please let me know! (im a bit of a posterity freak, i like to have a record of any gig i play!)