aberdeen-music

new Tool artwork *insert rune's hardon here*

Teabags

Guest Phantomsmasher

A lot of the shapes ect also seem to be pretty similar to Lateralus.

Quite disapointing really, considering this is meant to be a 'genre defining' (if you believe the stuff posted on here ect...) release, they could have at least put a bit more thought into the artwork.

A lot of the shapes ect also seem to be pretty similar to Lateralus.

Quite disapointing really' date=' considering this is meant to be a 'genre defining' (if you believe the stuff posted on here ect...) release, they could have at least put a bit more thought into the artwork.[/quote']

more effort? have u seen this guys artwork?? theres some crazy mind blowing stuff!! the amount of effort is emmence.

go to www.alexgrey.com

more effort? have u seen this guys artwork?? theres some crazy mind blowing stuff!! the amount of effort is emmence.

go to www.alexgrey.com

Whether his other artwork is "emmence"(sic) or not is beside the point - the album cover looks a bit uninspiring. Hopefully, the packaging will do it some justice.

It reminds me of that giant head thing that Monty Burns gave The Simpsons and you see in their basement.

Whether his other wrtwork is "emmence"(sic) or not is beside the point - the album cover looks a bit uninspiring. Hopefully' date=' the packaging will do it some justice.

It reminds me of that giant head thing that Monty Burns gave The Simpsons and you see in their basement.[/quote']

your comment is beside the point, that aint wot i said, i said the effort put into it is emmence

Guest Phantomsmasher

go to www.alexgrey.com

I said thought, not effort.

The talent of the artwork is not what is the problem here. It is simply the fact that Tool, an apparently peerless band in terms of creative output; depending on personal opinion. Have seemingly not departed from pre used idea's with regard to their packaging, which is just as still an integral part of the release.

Not exactly encouraging when you think that they could have possibly just done the same with the music, but then tool fans will lap it up regardless.

Guest Phantomsmasher
To be honest i don't walk into a store and buy an album for its artwork. If that were the case i'd be an artist. I'm looking forward to the music!

Fair enough. I like both sides of the output, think it makes albums more special if some effort is put into the packaging as well as the music.

Fair enough. I like both sides of the output' date=' think it makes albums more special if some effort is put into the packaging as well as the music.[/quote']

of course i agree with your point, i mean id be pretty disappointed if a band i really liked released an album with extremely boring and bland artwork, but the music is my focal point.

I don't think they can beat the undertow artwork...

I must admit' date=' I was a bit like "oh, that's lateralus part two then" when I saw the art.[/quote']

this is nothing like lateralus. if u look at alex greys artwork u will see artwork resembling lateralus and this new one before he even knew tool. and as for the packaging for lateralus each individual layer is a life sized painting, i think there are about 8 of them. these are paintings!! not computer graphics.

this is nothing like lateralus. if u look at alex greys artwork u will see artwork resembling lateralus and this new one before he even knew tool. and as for the packaging for lateralus each individual layer is a life sized painting' date=' i think there are about 8 of them. these are paintings!! not computer graphics.[/quote']

when did I say in that quote that it looked the same?....

all I said was "laterallus part 2"...

his style is all based on psychedellia, third eye blah and dark majik...

I didn't say I didn't like it, by the way....

• Upvote 1