aberdeen-music

bands/artists who only ever made one album

delboy

marion? anyone remember them from the mid 90's? i saw them supporting morrissey in 1995' date=' although they may possibly have released a second album in japan.[/quote']

Marion released a second album, it was called 'The Program', and Johnny Marr produced it in between doing the third Electronic album (IIRC).

Hard as nails to find, though......

you've been to chesney hawkes website??? confessions of a sound engineer :)

Me and Ches are good mates, or at least I've fiddled with his knob(s).

Mind you, doing a lip synch public appearance which consits of "I am the one and only" and another entirely forgettable tune desn't really count, does it.

He's still punting that in the more reprehensible chain clubs

Guest Les Stroszek
Young Marble Giants

I love that album Colossal Youth, pretty timeless, a lot of people on here should investigate it. The version I have comes complete with all their singles and other stuff too - pretty much a complete retrospective of their 'career' on one disc.

marion? anyone remember them from the mid 90's? i saw them supporting morrissey in 1995' date=' although they may possibly have released a second album in japan.

astrid only released one album an all, think it only came out in japan.[/quote']

If I'm thinking of the same Astrid they released three albums, "Strange Weather Lately", "Play Dead" and "One in Four"

no the second seahorses album never got finished' date=' they were recording it when the singer got all huffy about john squire having so much control over the project so he quit and the band subsequently split up (where is he now? where is john squire now come to think of it?)[/quote']

ah chris holmes?? he apparently is busking outside a famous tubestation in London so i was hearing!

Do It Yourself - Seahorses is IMO a fuckin amazing album with some great gtr work and good vocals on it! I luckily caught the LIVE show at T in the Park back in 98'!

John Squire has released 1/2 critically acclaimed solo albums.

yeh they were working on a 2nd and split before it was finished...fuckin frontmen for you!

'Love Is The Law' - LISTEN TO IT!