aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup Thread

delboy

I'm supporting England and I've got a tenner on them at 8/1.

I'm possibly going to a game at the World Cup, my mate Manuel who's Argentinian is waiting to find out if he got tickets for one of the first round matches, if he did we're going over for it, so I'll either be at Argentina vs Holland, Ivory Coast or Serbia Montenegro (really hope its Holland)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having put out Brazil in the quarter finals, I've got the Czech Republic to just edge the mighty Polska in the semis, with Italy putting out England. Poland go on to beat a demoralised England side to 3rd place.

An unheard of Czech left midfielder (who has recently signed a 3 year deal with current club, Heart of Midlothian) comes on and scores a stunning late winner. He is now valued at £8million, and is therefore immediately bought by Chelsea for £24million.

My 40-1 bet on the Czech Republic pays back handsomely.

It might happen...

Robinho is vasty overrated' date=' is a permanent fixture on the bench now in a rotten Real Madrid team. Roberto Carlos can't defend, nor direct the ball on target, and is a fucking little moaner who I'd quite happily garrotte. Ronaldo is just absolute rubbish!

I'm sick of Brazil this, Brazil that. They can go to hell, and they're not winning.

PS Juninho Pernambucano, Adriano and Lucio are indeed quality, but that's it.[/quote']

Robinho is one of the players for the future for Brazil....he will be an amazin player ina few years, you have to remember hes a young lad. As for Roberto (best left back in the world) Carlos....your havin a laugh if he couldnt defend why the fuck would he even be a left back!!! He is a good defender, you only here about his attacking skills tho.

An how the fuck can you say that Ronaldo is rubbish!!! Doesnt the fact that he won the world cup for Brazil in that last world cup mean something!!

Have you ever heard of some player called...........i think his name is RONALDINHO!!!!!

Like one of the best players ever to grace the game of football!!!

Even the fact that DIDA got world keeper of the year must also mean summit!!(musta bin fixed tho)

Mate Brazil can go to fucking Heaven!!!

Ronaldo is absolute rubbish is the craziest thing I've read on Aberdeen Music for quite a while!

He's certainly not rubbish, but he's a shadow of the world beater he used to be. He just doesn't look interested at Real just now. Or fit.

I found it a bit sad watching him at Highbury in their Champions League game. It was the perfect stage for a world - class player to shine and he puffed his way through the game and hardly got involved.

The Emporer and Robinho should go up front, with Ronaldinho given a free role behind them.

You can get almost 3 - 1 on brazil at the moment - good odds if you are confident enough to put on a reasonable bet.

Holland yet again have the potential to do well but with such a young team it could go either way. Perhaps they will all be out to prove they are good enough and deserve to be in ahead of the older players or it might be too much for them. With Van Basten at the helm tho we can be sure they are gonna play good attacking football. Perhaps a cheeky tenner each way?

There's a world cup predictor thing here -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/predictor/html/football/world_cup_06/default.stm

I reckon England will go out in the 2nd round to Germany.

And sadly' date=' it looks like a potential Brazil-Italy final :(

edit : :laughing: beaten to it

I ended up with Italy 1st, Brazil 2nd and Holland 3rd.

There's some very, very tasty potential 2nd round matches though - Portugal-Holland/France-Spain/England-Germany, anyone?[/quote']

Brazil 1st, Argentina 2nd, England 3rd. Boring as fuck!

love from christy

ronaldo does look like he's been eating macdonalds as part of his current fitness programme!!!! another wasted talent!

england will do well if rooney and owen can stay fit and calamity james isnt let near the goalposts but with such a useless dull unmotivated overpaid swedish manager in charge they will ultimately fall short.

A

ronaldo does look like he's been eating macdonalds as part of his current fitness programme!!!! another wasted talent!.

Ronaldo? Wasted talent? You havin a giggle? Two world cups, two (I think) world player of the year awards, countless domestic trophies....if that's underachieving I'm sure he'll get over it!

love from christy

Ronaldo is probably one of the best footballers ever...everybody has had a bad patch!!!

Im sure Ronaldo could still rape Scotland's arse on a bad day!!!

even my team cambridge united (14th in the nationwide conference) could rape scotland's arse on a bad day, even a good day come to think of it.

have to say i miss scotland at major tournaments, i mean last time they qualified for the world cup they gave brazil a damn good run for their money!!! there has been some signs of improvement since the very useless mr vogts disappeared, i'm sure they will qualify for a major tournament again in our lifetime though look at Wales......

It could be a long time until we do qualify again. Are seeding had dropped so much that we are getting harder and harder groups, just look at the group for Euro 2008. We have struggled ever since you couldn't get into tournaments automatically if you finished 2nd in your group.

It's so dissapointing that I have to lok forward to 2010 at the earliest before we may be in a major tournametn again (there's no way we are qualifying for 2008). If we ever start qualifying for tournametns regulary again this will surely be remembered as a particulary bad period in the national team's history.

again look on the bright side' date=' playing stevanage and beating doncaster reserves in the LDV cup is about as glamorous as it got this season :([/quote']

The most frustrating thing about my season is that we can outplay two of the better SPL sides off their own pitch in the cup, and still get buggered backwards 3-0 at home by the likes of Stirling Albion.......

I digress. Not long until the proper football starts........